Having opposite results as I should on Keto. Please help. 🙏🏼

(Peggy ) #21

Thanks Virginia! I know the Walden Farms is bad. :embarrassed:
Lately I’ve been using red wine vinigar and either olive oil or MCT oil. I had just let my cats out and was dying to hurry to get out there with them (I have a Bengal and worry about someone stealing her). Anyway…no more excuses for that one. I’ll ditch it.

I’m new”ish” but have been in ketosis for a while now. Started July 8. I’ve had my ketones in the 4s before but never the 6s. That’s why it freaked me out. I supposed it had to do with the fasting then exercising during that. Haven’t done that yet since I’ve felt so cruddy.

I will look for the nutritional ketosis graph in the search function. Thanks again!

(Peggy ) #22

Are you referring to this graph? I have this one. But I thought ketoacidosis only happened to diabetics. And am I considered in “starvation mode” then when I do intermittent fasting? I’m in the 3s quite often. image

(Peggy ) #23

Here’s a sample of how my ketones have bounced around over the last week and 1/2.

That’s the one.

I think you’re on to something about ketones going up when exercising fasted. But it’s just a guess since I don’t test mine. Someone else who knows more will come along and tell you more

Ketoacidosis happens to T1 diabetics, not T2s.

(Peggy ) #25

Alright. Thank you for all your help!:heart: :pray:t3:

You’re very welcome! I’ll keep checking in to see if I can help out with anything else.

(Mg ) #27

Salt!
When you do keto the body often lacks salt.
Salt and water.
Too much salt you retain water.
Not enough salt AND water… You get exactly what you describe.
You need more salt

(Mg ) #28

Peggy lots of doctor do not practice what you’re experiencing along with the keto diet,
You gotta do all the work unfortunately.
I suffered terrible this last go round, I’m old 54 everything changed this go round,
I had to actually tell my doctor what tests to do.
First one T3. most important because if you’re lacking there, you’re gonna have a problem, and you’re fighting an uphill battle.
I bet it more salt and water.
Shame you have to do your own health work but not many doctors know medicine AND living a lifestyle of ketosis.
Start diagnosis on yourself. Cross reference EVERYTHING.
Write everything.
Ask for the tests.
I literally diagnosis myself.
Doctor thank God, will prescribe the tests.
Your doctor should if you ask.

Salt! Lay my life on it