Have you ever saved anyone?

(Marianne) #21

I love this!!!

:cry:

God bless us every one.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #22

Iā€™ve only seen the excerpts from his trial in The Magic Pill, is there more to check out?

:cowboy_hat_face:

('Jackie P') #23

I saw a very interesting presentation by Zoe Harcombe about the trial. Iā€™m so sorry but I am a bit techno,-dyslexic ! I can start a new post with a link but have trouble adding one in! I think if you Google Zoe Harcombe/Tim Noakes you will find it!

('Jackie P') #24

Its Dr Zoe Harcombe HPCSA v Professor Tim Noakes : a birds eye view "

(Bob M) #25

The Tim Noakesā€™s case was crazy because it started because of a tweet. Also, if you read his book, Waterlogged, heā€™s a superstar scientist.

('Jackie P') #26

(Rebecca šŸŒø Frankenfluffy) #27

I love success stories!

A dear friend of mine was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes this week. Last night I took dinner round to hers - coronation chicken, stuffed eggs, green salad pimped with homemade sauerkraut, cheesy coleslaw, lemon mousse and a shedload of hugs.

The idea was to show her that eating low carb was enjoyable and filling and was absolutely no hardship. We enjoyed the meal and were nice and satiated!

I have type 1, not type 2, but we talked through how to lower her blood glucose by making different choices - like not eating ā€˜paddingā€™ because it leads to ā€˜paddingā€™ - with the first ā€˜paddingā€™ meaning the commonplace starchy foods (pasta, fries, bread) that have no purpose other than to pad out a meal and in turn lead to adding ā€˜paddingā€™ to the body.

I havenā€™t ā€˜savedā€™ her, but sheā€™s very motivated so I have high hopes. The best thing was, my husband came too and came out with really good insights that heā€™d noticed about my WOE, and the reasons behind them. Heā€™s great, but he talks the keto talk without walking the walk - so I am now hugely confident that he is going to put his knowledge into practical use as a result of last night and our friendā€™s diagnosis!

:grin:

('Jackie P') #30

So sorry I was trying to give you a link to a brilliant book, but realised I had given a link into my Amazon account :grinning: Iā€™m so rubbish!
Its The Diabetes Weight loss Cookbook by Katie and Guancarlo Caldesi. It has a foreword by Dr David Unwin, an NHS GP who has saved approximately Ā£25,000pa on his drug bill by promoting a low carbohydrate diets to his T2DM patients. He was awarded the 2016 NHS Innovation of the Year award, but the NHS is too thick to adopt his approach nationally!

(Rebecca šŸŒø Frankenfluffy) #31

Wish I lived in Southport because Dr Unwin is one of my heroes!

:grin:

('Jackie P') #32

:blush::blush:

(Ellenor Bjornsdottir) #33

Have you ever had any type 2 diabetic dysfunction on top of your insulin-agenetic condition?

Are you comfortable talking with total strangers about the specifics of your glycemic control? Iā€™m always pathologically curious how othersā€™ blood sugars are.

(Rebecca šŸŒø Frankenfluffy) #34

Iā€™m not insulin-resistant, and I donā€™t have any complications, thank goodness. And I donā€™t mind talking about my blood glucose if people ask.

Low carbing works wonders for the consistency of my control.

:slightly_smiling_face:

(Ellenor Bjornsdottir) #35

Shall I PM?