Has an Anti-Aging sub-forum ever been suggested?

AGREED! Everybody should be interested in living a long healthy life, and these days, living a LONG life takes intentional extra work. Given that most of us DID very much enjoy eating garbage like everybody else does, most of us made the call to have better health and live longer, even if those weren’t the words we used when we did it.

I was following Dave Asprey since before he totally lost his mind, but he was onto something with his complete shift from “normal” anti-aging to making literally everything he did directly about mitochondrial health, it’s literally the base of everything, especially when it comes to aging.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! Just realized I started this! Where the hell did 3yrs go!

The older you get, the faster time flies. I used to wonder where the week went, now I wonder where the year went. It almost sounds like longevity is a race against time.

(Joey) #25

You were much older then. :vulcan_salute:

(KM) #26

I missed that this was three years ago! Seems more relevant than ever, though.

(KM) #27

I have just finished reading David Sinclair’s why we get old and don’t have to or whatever it’s called, and reading about his aunt Vera who basically just had enough when she hit 80, and I can’t help wondering what comes first; the acceptance of aging and death, or the aging.

I admit, having just turned 60 and embracing the idea of that potentially being a halfway mark, there are times when I think to myself good grief, another 60 years of this? No thank you. Even though I have no gross health issues yet. There are just days of been there, done that.

So what do you think, would staying physically youthful extend the desire for a long life? Or is it more of an emotional maturity that accepts death as not only inevitable but eventually desirable, regardless of physical fitness. Like, I love Aerosmith. Nonetheless, I would not want to go to a concert that lasted forever.

It would be very sad indeed if old folk were as scared of death as people in childbearing age. Imagine having gotten to a point where you could drop any day and fearing it? Pure torture.

Luckily, most of us know when we’ve had enough. We appreciate and welcome it.

My point of view: Even if you could preserve your body perfectly and be fully functional and independent, I’d get sick of life.

After a while it just becomes a series of re-runs: different people, same mistakes.

I am interested in reading about anti-aging ideas also. It isn’t so much about wanting an extra-long life, but wanting to be as healthy and independent as possible while I’m living. I think I am more averse to chronic pain than death. I also want to keep my brain working optimally.

I’m curious since I haven’t listened to Dave Asprey in a long time. How did he lose his mind? Back when I was listening and reading his stuff, he seemed mostly about eating a certain cyclical keto diet and fasting with bulletproof coffee and taking seemingly hundreds of supplements, avoiding blue light, doing saunas, etc. Has his advice gotten a lot weirder?

Reminds me of the Roman Poet Philosopher Ovid.

Ovid
“Perfer et obdura, dolor hic tibi proderit olim. (Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you.)”

― Ovid