Happy surprise

Last week I ran into an acquaintance, and while we were catching up I noticed something very familiar out of the corner of my eye. She was holding The Obesity Code! And she’s a doctor!!!
She said that she’s on a discussion group of female physicians and they’re all talking about Dr Fung’s work! Yay!!!
I was so excited, wanted to share.

(Joy) #2

In a world of too many unhappy surprises, your story just makes my day!

(Steve) #3

My niece and nephew are both going to do the keto diet. My niece has already started. :slight_smile: Gave them both LOTS of information that I’ve gathered over the 3+ months I’ve been doing it.

My niece just finished her first year of medical school…I’m sure once she has phenomenal success with keto, she’ll be influencing a lot of her peers when they return to school after the summer break. :slight_smile:

Once a lot of the closed-minded doctors retire out, things are only going to get better. The next generation of doctors are learning at the right time - change is in the air!!! :slight_smile:

(Karen) #4

I think the world’s thinking people are healing themselves. People will only take @#$%& health “,experts”, media, and “” well intentioned", Nanny governments so long.

K

(Brian) #5

People tend to do things that are out-of-the-box when it gets very personal and it’s their own health that’s failing. The perspective changes when it’s our own mortality staring us in the face. When people come to the point where they believe they are going to die anyway if they don’t change something, change becomes easier to do, after all, what’s the worst that can happen? I’ll die? Well, I was gonna do that anyway. So lets go keto. At least that’s kinda the way it was for me. Maybe not all have to get to the point of failing health before they’ll take matters into their own hands. The earlier the better. I wish I’d started sooner.

(Karen) #6

Ditto that!! Me too!!

K

(Steve) #7

And some people are still pig-headed…even when their health bottoms out. My father’s on a plethora of meds…likely pre-diabetic, certainly obese - I know one of the meds is Lipitor :frowning:
Tried getting them to adopt healthier diets years ago…we’re now estranged as he went on a tirade over how “arrogant” I was to even suggest that they should consider this “mindless fad diet” that I’m on.
Cutting a longer story short - he now has pneumonia - not hospitalized (I’m sure having a nurse for a wife likely weighed into that conversation) - but her knowledge is a case of “just enough information to be dangerous” - plus, she was an OR nurse (surgical), not medical.

I’m sure he won’t even consider opening his mind until he’s had his first stroke or heart attack…

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

It’s a tough choice: health and bacon on a “mindless fad diet,” or misery and ill-health on the diet gonvermental “experts” are pushing on us. Now, let me see . . . .