Had to turn in my official Carnivore Card yesterday

(Robin) #21

No… this is not something I want to do again. This was my first step off the carnivore path in over a year and even though I am fine, I know better than to do it again.
I will consider this my one free pass. But not again.

(Laurie) #22

Dry skin … Take this “advice” for what it’s worth. My mother’s beauty secret was “water only” on the face. And it’s my secret too. Well, not a secret. I’ve often been asked what I do to have such nice skin.

Of course, nothing on the face means no makeup (foundation, etc.).

Last year I moved to a very cold region. For the first time ever, I found I needed a humidifier. It’s mostly to prevent dryness in my nose, but it might help skin as well.

(Denise) #23

I appreciate this laurie, and I wear not make up just some lipgloss. I have dry “body” thought and washing just with water, well, I don’t know, maybe on my face I’ll try it thought :wink:

(Robin) #24

@Goldengirl52 @islandlight
I believe my dry skin improved significantly from taking collagen peptides. So did my hair and nails and wrinkles and age spots. I know it sounds crazy. But I have even grown hair back in places that I was happy to have it disappear as I aged. Lolol

(Rebecca ) #25

Interesting!

Tallow. Or tallow-based inside and out. Worth a try. I heard, “Don’t put anything on your skin that you would not eat.”

I find that having a beard is a great face attachment humidifier. When I shave my beard off every 15 years or so, I have the skin of a 5-year old underneath. It’s my skin. Not of some 5-year old… you get my drift. A beard is a requirement in the Australian sunshine. Especially as I don’t apply chemical sunscreens - keto diet seems to cancel out sunburn. there are other threads on that topic.

The psychology here is fascinating. I’m with @Fangs that ZC carnivore is an excellent elimination diet when beef, salt and water is strictly applied. That is eating for medical benefits, especially against inflammation. Then after some time the foods diversify within the animal-based eating realm. Then evolving carnivores, “evovores”, move in to honey and fungi as they explore.

I reckon it is totally normal to test against an elimination diet base to discover individual food tolerances. Within those food tolerances there may be some micro-nutrient benefits customisable to n=1. The fermented spiced vegetables of Kimchi may be a digestive aid, for example.

(Alec) #28

I have found this, especially so on carnivore. Not been sunburnt since being carnivore… not once.

I have felt no desire yet to explore… 10 months into carnivore and I still feel no motivation whatsoever to move away from it.

agree in that one must GO ALL IN to eliminate THEN add back. if we 'go too relaxed and pretend mushrooms are ‘more animal’ than plant and eat them when we ‘do carnivore to learn’ how can we ‘learn anything’ off that food.

So all in, THEN when one gets thru true healing/repair and adaption and detox AND MANY of us get there :slight_smile: we can then ‘test us to go back’ to some extras…but that should be a very slow and can be a very rocky road literally with massive sinkholes in it as we ‘try to go back’ to extra foods. But many of us can go back…me…I got food issues and sensitivity and more so no going back if I could I WOULD for sure LOL if I also felt that food did me 0 harm and my personal research on that food didn’t take from the body and gave me something in total support.

so again this walk is SO personal to each of us :sunny:

all in, keep the plan in mind for at least 6 mos which most don’t wanna do but if ya do, then you can find more truths to ‘go back’ but of course everyone wants instant gratification nowadays :wink: and heck even I did but hold the carnivore plan and we learn SO much about ourselves.

yes and you don’t need to do anything but what suits you :slight_smile:
so many want ‘back’ for more foods but so many of us ‘found our life’ on this lifestyle so we hold and thrive. Just do you and you will be fine!!!

Mushrooms can be problematic anyway, at least certain wild ones. There are a bunch of them which are toxic when raw, bad for sensitive people, toxic when consumed with booze, there is uncertainty about their toxicity… Some people are allergic to wild mushrooms only but probably some have problems with all? Chitin is hard to digest anyway I think…

Mushroom is simply another kingdom, just as non-animal as plants, chitin or not :slight_smile:
But sure, one has the right to add it back - or not take away, it’s everyone’s own business. But if we want the power of elimination in one swoop (or almost as some people can’t handle beef either…*), mushrooms can’t stay.

*Apparently, every kind of meat has a group of people who has problems when eating it… Beef, lamb, pork, chicken… Probably fish too… But only beef only has ONE item, it should help and if it’s not good enough, one still can change to some other meat.

Of course, it’s fine not to do elimination ever in our life if we don’t have a problem we hope to solve with such things. But if we want that, let’s be serious.

mushrooms are always a carnivore thing and I don’t get it cause it ain’t animal. never will be and always will be not animal LOL

but SO MANY carnivores do ok on mushrooms that they can eat them and do…but pretend they don’t and lie about it.

I can eat mushrooms and I loved them. Not a doubt on that for me. but then I researched ‘what they do take from the body’ and then I thought…good or bad? I did fine on them, no issues but then when I did that reading on the bad I thought more in line of ‘why bother’ eating something that can ‘take from me’ even though I feel fine.

and then the brain game comes into play. You can eat mushrooms and do great…WHAT ELSE can I have and do great? that pushes me to a bad limit and bad experiences in my game. I am one who requires strict stay on plan. That has to be me but if ya can eat a mushroom on carni and want it, cool kinda but if you are one who pretends it is an animal thru ??? then that is sad ya know.

no one has to justify too much in a way but each as to do their own personal thing that hits goals the want, gives better health and forward movement as they require but in the end, we are what we eat ya know.
(but also know so MANY other factors come into play thru life/work stress, environment, literally how happy we are with our lives and our desires to change and ‘be who we want to be’ in full truth ya know so I can’t ever put all life is what we eat but it is the biggest and most IMPACT start we got to heal better to better health and then we can think more clear on other objectives in our lives.

just a giant journey for each of us :sunny:

Just because we do okay eating something, we needn’t to eat that item :slight_smile:
I can handle all edible plants and mushrooms and animal stuff as far as I know. (Oh except peanuts and I am addicted to the stuff, still bad for me… I can handle a BIT but if I feel bad after more, it can’t be ideal so better avoid it.)
It’s still better for me to avoid most. Tiny things gets added up and if I don’t NEED something that doesn’t do much good to me anyway and causes problems in a bit bigger amounts, why risk it?

(And there is the fact that I go off and sometimes epically so and mess things up but it’s just what happens, not what I WANT to happen in a sane mindset… I have good moments quite often too and my attitude definitely helps. Some people seem to thing weird and they cling to items just because they liked and used them before. And what. We don’t NEED to eat everything tasty or common. But many people act like it would be the case. See the comments “poor you, not eating this tasty this at that” at parties, I have read about such things many times.)

big truth in that statement!

(Alec) #36

I am hoping and expecting that if there is anything that I am lacking from my carnivore diet that I would get some cravings ie my body saying it needs something specific… no cravings in sight…