Had a bad day

How do you get through your bad days? I didn’t reach for a sugar/carby item, I just drank a bit more bourbon than I usually do.

I thought I had two job opportunities, with an interview at one of them. Now, I’m not sure I will get a career going instead of jobs. The last 2 years I’ve had to settle for jobs and not another coaching/teaching job. I can’t keep just having jobs when I have a master’s degree in education to pay for.

I’m thankful for autocorrect right now.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #2

Good for you for not reaching for sugary/carby stuff!

Sorry to hear about your (potential) employment issues.

For me, I take a few deep breaths and pray. I’ll also find a friend to talk to who knows what I’m going through and can relate and help me find perspective. Also, hugs (from my children) also help :smiley:
Your career will come, maybe not when you want it, but it will. Have some faith. You can’t control everything, especially the decisions that others make (it’s on them). It’s hard to just let things go that are out of your control, but it can be very freeing.

Hang in there.

The interview was for a PE teacher spot. I’ve coached for a while and naturally asked if there were any coaching duties with the teaching spot. Usually a PE teacher had to coach a few sports.

The principal doesn’t like coaches and doesn’t want to have a coach as a PE teacher.

(Liz Ellen) #4

What a bummer. But also, that seems like a rather irrational attitude for a principal. Maybe you’re dodging a bullet?

It’s hard for me to adjust to not being able to eat carbs when I’m stressed. I’m a writer and used to smoke to get a story going and then reward myself with a cigarette when I filed my story. I quit 15 years ago, but candy and other vending machine fare replaced those cigs. I would inhale M&Ms and peanut butter crackers while scratching out sentences even though I had consumed an ample meal not long before. Now, when I’m panicking over a blank screen, I don’t know what to reach for.

Anyway, good for you for avoiding a carb splurge. Physical activity in schools is so important! I think you’ll find the right gig soon.

(Heather Meyer) #5

Good job for holding fast. Just the other day i had a bad day and the only thing that gelped me through was talking about it as much as i needed to. I came here and did that and i was able to find some more resolve and keep on going.

I found keeping myself busy also helped. Keep your hands busy doing somthing!

Hang on… you are going to get through this and you are going to be better than okay!

Good to see you here @anon24390425 Coach. As Heather says, the community need to hear these stories of vulnerable resilience. Thanks for sharing yours. Student debt is a ball and chain. Education is essential.

I am looking at doing a Master of Animation. It’ll cost about $36G (kangaroo dollars), about $24.5G USD. I might start it in 2021*. I need a Master qualification at least, preferably a PhD, to pursue my teaching career.

That whole job interview stuff is not as much fun as one can convince oneself it will be. Totally understand the response when it becomes the red ball while juggling all the green ones. I needed a coach to help me with my last job interview. Coaches are important.

Keep keto Coach.

I dissolve into stories (usually animated films) to put a buffer between me and a bad day.

*But as a tax deduction I’ll go and see Frozen 2 this weekend. I’m sure there will be some deep philosophical conversation after.

Animation? I have never been able to draw or color worth a flip. My stick figures look like they have scoliosis and cone heads.

Just have to KCKO, if I don’t get the job then it wasn’t meant to be.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #8

For drawing, I like the lessons on YouTube from Art Hub for Kids. My 9 year old follows the lessons and makes some nice stuff

(Susan) #9

I wish you the best for getting another coaching/teaching job in the near future, Tyler. I can imagine how frustrating it must be. Take care. We all have bad days at times; congratulations for not reaching for a sugar/carby item.

Sorry to hear about your situation, Tyler.

For me I find exercise to be a good thing to ease the stress. Also I like listening to podcasts as well, like the Joe Rogan’s stuff etc. Foodwise, if I need some comfort food I’ll usually have a big bowl of full fat greek yoghurt with nuts and coconut, mct oil etc.

@FrankoBear, good to see another Aussie artist on the keto fourms (I’ve been an illustrator for 25 years). If it wasn’t for the qualification needed for your teaching career, I would have recommended teaching yourself everything via online tutorials. Would save a lot of money. A shame you have to get yourself in so much debt to pursue your profession.

This! When we want change or a good career to start or whatever, we jut have to be patient. The right position will come to you.

All good things come to those who wait.
We can’t control anything in our lives truly in a way. We are and find what we are meant to find when we are meant to have it in our lives.
Just keep putting in some effort on your part to search for a good position and something wonderful could fall into your lap.

You got this. Just hold strong. Everyone goes thru this type of stress. You will be ok. When you find that great position, come tell us about it!!

Looks like I didn’t get that position nor another one I was in contention for.

I really want a massive pile of carbs ranging from fried cheese sticks to potatoes to a milkshake.

My poor liver got a big dose of bourbon instead since it doesn’t have carbs.

(Heather Meyer) #13

im with you. My drawings look like someone in grade 2 drew them.
As a kid my idea of painting was to mix all the colors and splatter them everywhere. To date, my paintings resemble a school level picasso

(Scott) #14

Only thing I can paint is the house and I even failed at that. My wife hired a painter to do it. I am just tore up about it. :smiley:

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #15

@anon24390425,

Sorry to hear the career offers didn’t pan out.

(Heather Meyer) #16

Dont take it too personal… us women are particular in how we like our houses painted :wink:

(Liz Ellen) #17

Sorry, Coach. Something will come along.

I have an interview Monday morning. Fingers crossed.

(Susan) #19

Best wishes for you for success on the interview, Tyler =).

(Heather Meyer) #20

well i suppose better the alcohol than the carbs. Job market is difficult. Its really like a needle in a haystack. Where i live, is very competitive for jobs. Many many people vying for the same job which makes it tricky and often times, the people that get it are people who know people in that job area. Go figure. Its not enough to just accept a resume and credentials…

I truly empathize with your struggle BUT i have faith that you will be coming into a new job soon so keep on keeping on!