Gut Flora

Hi everybody, I hope you’re all thriving and being satisfied with the keto style:-)

I wanted to mention a recent study about the gut flora of MS patients done at the Charité clinic in Berlin/Germany, you can read it here, it is the website of one of the doctors, the study is in English: http://zuckerfasten.de/data/documents/fmicb-08-01141.pdf, it is called “Reduced Mass and Diversity of the Colonic Microbiome in Patients with Multiple Sclerosis and Their Improvement with Ketogenic Diet” (June 2017)

The important thing here is that the gut flora of the MS patients which was already poor before starting keto went worse during the first weeks.
BUT: after 6 months (which is quite long, but was worth it), their flora had improved thanks to keto and was as good as the flora of the healthy control group! This is really good news for us ketolovers!

So just be patient, everybody is different and needs more or less time to adapt.
I found out that I’m more of a slow adapter and need to be patient. I am very confident that this is a very healthy diet for most of us!

Greetings from Berlin, keep the faith:-)

(Bob M) #2

Thanks for that. I had heard about this study, but had not seen it.