Goal reached...now upping protein

(Cary) #1

Down 65# to 189 from 255. Not trying to lose anymore, now trying to build muscle. Working out 5 days a week, taking Creatine, Beta-Alanine and BCAA’s. This week I’ll start upping my protein intake to at least 1g per pound of body weight to help muscle growth. I’m still strict Keto but a little concerned with the protein increase knocking me out of Ketosis. Will try this for a month and see how it goes. Looking forward to experimenting with this. Any suggestions is appreciated. Thanks

(Allie) #2

It’s working for me. I don’t have a set protein goal as such, just stopped limiting it and eating intuitively.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #3

This will address your ‘protein will kick me out of ketosis’ belief.

https://perfectketo.com/how-too-much-protein-is-bad-for-ketosis/

(Cary) #4

Thanks Ava…good article now I feel much better! Gonna try 1.5g/lb body weight for a month and see how it works out.

(Ian Patey) #5

Hey, not sure if you’ve found a thread dealing with this, but I have a similar issue. I have gone from 303 to 218, but am still 25- 30 pounds from my goal weight. Problem is I have been floating between 218 and 224 for the last three months. After listening to a lot from the Carnivoire crowd and also Ted Naiman, my question now is whether the LCHF is going to get me all the way there, or do I need to switch it up to LCHP to finish the trip to the short term goal. I like to login behind Naiman’s P:E ratio but it doesn’t accord with the majority of stuff I’ve read here. Basically, the question is, to get between 15 - 20% body fat, will LCHF do it? I don’t know if you’ve figured it out, but if you have, please share! Or point me in the right direction?..