Glycine supplementation re: lastest podcast

(Stefani Mathis) #25

Why the Creatine ? How much Creatine ?

(Shawn Cochran) #26

I’m pretty sure @richard said he was having a teaspoon (about 5 g) with his coffee, so not spread out during the day, but only once per day.

Some science…

Glycine supplementation during calorie restriction accelerates fat loss and protects against further muscle loss in obese mice.

(What The Fast?!) #28

This is super interesting!!!

(Erin Macfarland ) #29

I wonder what the equivalent dose is in humans?

(Richard Morris) #30

I’ve been adding a tsp of L-Carnitine (edit I initially type Creatine … that was a typo) every day to a small ramekin of berries … it’s sour, but I’m now used to it.

Why? Because Tommy Wood challenged me to try it.

My Methylation is under pressure thanks to my MTHFR status., I am heterozygous for C677T which means my methylation is 65% as efficient as someone who is CC, but at least I’m not a TT which would be 30% as efficient.

Karim's muscle gain carnivore adventure
(Charlie Kathopoulis) #31

So … what dish are you going to ‘torque’ test that tooth on? Start with Sou Vide pork belly and work your way up to Old Papa John’s Boot Strap Jerky? :smiley:

(Richard Morris) #32

Well Imma let the periodont yank on it cos if he breaks it he’s gotta go back in and fix it.

(Charlie Kathopoulis) #33

(Angelina ) #34

hi Richard, can you clarify the dosage for glycine (as I heard once per day in your coffee) and what brand (for Australia)
Pretty please?

What's the difference between loose skin from weight loss and just plain ole loose skin from being 'older'?

I acquired some glycine yesterday to give this a try.

(Alison) #36

I also heard this podcast and went out to buy glycine - mainly for the sleep effect it is supposed to promote.
I have been on it for 4 days or so. I do seem to have had a better sleep pattern (according to my Fitbit - although not in the Deep Sleep area as other comments - but in the Light Sleep).
Seems positive and am watching this space!1

(Richard Morris) #37

I use

I have a teaspoon in coffee in the morning.

Curious why you use glycine rather then a collagen supplement?

(Richard Morris) #39

Producing Glycine is the part of collagen manufacture that might be the rate limit for people with my methylation status. But it was also the first thing I saw in the store, so I decided to give it a try.

(Lori) #40

I bought 1kg of Glycine after listening to this podcast :rofl: Then I joined this forum and have been following this thread with interest. I track my blood ketones and they have consistently stuck around 0.3 - 0.4 since December, so I’ve been keen to see higher numbers. Anyway, I watched the youtube vid posted earlier in this thread on the day I started my glycine. I watched it, facepalmed, went stuff it! I have 1 kg to hoe through so I’ll experiment on myself. The first 3 days my ketones went lower - 0.1, then they shot up and now I’m consistently seeing 0.7 - 0.9 every day after. I’m pretty stoked. Is this how it’s happened for you guys or did you see the higher numbers straight away? Also I wonder if the guy in the video would have seen higher numbers if he’d stuck with it for a few more days. I’ve been taking mine right before bed btw

(Boston_guy) #41

I had an acute knee injury (tendonitis) from sprinting that was pretty painful. I’ve been taking glycine for a week and it has healed rapidly. Suspect it’s helping with Collagen regrowth.
Other subjective impressions: sleeping better, better hair and skin, feel a lot more “solid” and muscular.

(Kathy L) #42

How does one know they have this mutation?

Genetic testing.

(Andy Rubie) #44

His video experiment is wildly unscientific and he jumps to strong conclusions without thinking them through. Glycine supplementation increases my ketone levels alot. Consistently.