Frequent urination

(Susan Abbott) #1

Is anyone else peeing a lot? Since starting this WOE I have definitely increased my water intake, however, when increasing in the past, without this WOE, my body usually adjusts. But I have been keto since the end of January and have been peeing a lot. The weird part, is the the frequent urination is only at night! During the day, at work, it’s totally normal, maybe even less than normal.

Have you been drinking more in afternoon or night?

The night/day distinction is something I haven’t come across before, but keto does decrease water retention so you will evacuate a greater percentage of what you drink than before.

Yeah, me too when I first started Keto. From memory it settled down after about 2-3 months.

(Susan Abbott) #5

I drink throughout the day. I wouldn’t say that there’s more in the evening.

I’m definitely going more often, throughout the day. My water intake is way higher than before, and I drink water pretty much all day.

(eat more) #7

and even MORE when fasting!
my friend asked me if increased salt reduced the trips to the bathroom and i said “NOOOO!” LOL

(Kirk Evans) #8

Yep, I pee a lot now, too. I also drink a ton more water than I ever have in my life.

(Pri ) #9

I have noticed this annoyance for last 3 months of my keto program. I went from no peeing at night to now having to pee at least 2-4 times a day. I stopped drinking water after 8 p.m. still no relief!. I can’t find any scientific studies on this.