Food myths busted: dairy, salt and steak may be good for you after all

food
news

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #21

@anon94382398 Is everything too much or too little, too hot or too cold, too closed or too open? Right or wrong? True or false? In between, moderate and half baked also exist. Those of us who don’t have issues with dairy are not telling those who do just to suck it up and endure. As Paul noted above, no one here pushes dairy as a health food that everyone should eat. We all simply report what works for us. No one’s hustling for Big Dairy™ or Big Beef™.

The OP is a bit of good news, generally. Maybe in another generation or two Ancel Keys and the plague he helped unleash on humanity will be just historical footnotes.

(Edith) #22

I didn’t get that from the article. It was just pointing out that full fat dairy shouldn’t be considered taboo.

I can’t drink or eat dairy, but it certainly doesn’t bother me if other people can. And there is nothing wrong with letting people know that full fat is better than low or no fat. That doesn’t mean it’s getting “pushed.”

Sorry! I missed that! But better too many people calling attention to good news than too few :-).

(Sherry) #24

I agree 100%!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #25

@carnivorelad Thank you for posting the link. For a pop press article this is very good and informative. I hope it’s the first of many more. :+1:

@amwassil

My comments were towards the article and the dairy industry. Not towards those of you on the board.

Milk has been pushed in North America with massive advertising. Dairy gets pushed as if it’s the one and only source of calcium. I can still remember those stupid ads with the milk mustache. Got milk?

https://eatdrinkbetter.com/articles/digging-dairy-dairy-lobby-pushed-milk-masses/

About 65% of the adult human population has this sort of lactose intolerance
https://milk.procon.org/lactose-intolerance-by-country/

(Bob M) #28

Please, not the PCRM. ANYONE but them. They are vegan propagandists. One of the many mis-truths by PCRM:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #29

They are run by Neal Barnard, a well-known vegan activist.

(Bob M) #30

I did not realize he was in charge. I’ve known about these people for a while, and they are always anti-animal.

In my opinion, the best “dairy” studies are the biomarker ones, like this:

No crappy FFQs.

(Tony ) #31

Dairy, like every other food causes a reaction in some people. But thats no reason to knock it. Peanuts also cause even more severe reactions in some, but they are still sold mixed in to many products. Some veggies cause me upsets - and bloating, but they still sell them.
I prefer a more scientific method, I eat huge amounts of meat and dairy, and my bloodwork is fully checked, every three MONTHS, the results, everything is perfect !.
I started keto to loose weight, well that’s worked, and now I continue with it for more good health, which I have now, much better than I was 4 years ago.
I’m looking forward to the future, I’m in my 70s.