First keto yeast bread fail

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #1

So last evening, after making probably about 20 great loaves… I totally failed ! I’m thinking I might have gotten the yeast too hot and killed it :frowning:
Ended up baking a couple of small bricks. If I did that about 3000 more times I could build a house :grinning: lol

But anyway, I redeemed myself tonight with a couple of beautifully risen loaves :slightly_smiling_face: We cut this one in half, to freeze some, to use in a pinch, when we are out of fresh bread. It actually freezes quite well. Cuts easy and thaws quickly :slightly_smiling_face:
Anyway…

PS, with all this talk about keto bread making some people binge on carbage… I made two loaves of this tonight, and not even eating any until tomorrow… Because I’m stuffed with Picanha steak :wink:

Keto Breads - Are there any decent ones?
(Rebecca ) #2

That picture of your bread could be a magazine cover!!!

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #3

:slightly_smiling_face: lol Thank you.

I haven’t had bread in six years so I haven’t recreated any on keto because I no longer miss it. However, yours always looks delicious! And I love, love, love your tile work. I like when people use colored grout. A+

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #5

Thank you :slight_smile: The tile was all my GF’s idea :slight_smile: She’s really into this kind of stuff.

(Susan) #6

The bread looks great, Chris. I just am wondering since you are such a pro fisherman, why you don’t eat fish sometimes? You don’t fish anymore?

That is a beautiful loaf for sure!

Everyone makes mistakes. Once I killed my yeast too, fortunately once in multiple decades and it was still edible just even denser than usual (we like dense bread, keto or not).

But your nicely raised bread looks beautiful! My keto bread never raises significantly, no matter what but they are still aren’t too dense for us, probably due to the high fiber content.

My keto bread definitely won’t make me binge on carbs, it just keeps me from being tempted by my pretty good normal bread. It was super easy not to eat bread in the several years when there was never good bread in the house (I never was into bread anyway) and I had no idea about Marmite. But bread and butter and raddish/bell pepper/cucumber is wonderful too… A keto bread is just perfect for that role. So it has its role, it just shouldn’t be overly much.

I like the tiles too.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #9

Well, I don’t fish anywhere near as much as I used to. But even when I did fish a lot, it was typically for sport (mostly catch and release) and not for the fish I prefer to eat. I would keep and eat certain species, like Halibut, but I am really picky about the fish I eat :slightly_smiling_face:

(Susan) #10

Ohhh okay! I was just curious was all =). I have watched cooking shows on tv, where they catch and release too.

(Wesley Doran) #11

Thats great! What is the recipe?

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #12