First 7 days done

(Will) #1

I’m winding down day 7. I’ve done pretty well keeping my protein/fats/and carbs all in line. I’ve averaged under 10 carbs a day for the week. I can honestly say I’m feeling more energy each day and the “sugar cravings” seem to be gone. I’ve decided I’m going to stay away from those keto “desserts”, for me I feel like that only masks cravings instead of eliminate them. I’m really getting a lot from all your posts so thanks for that

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Welcome to the forums!

I’m glad your experience so far has been positive. Keep calm, and keto on!

(Will) #3

Thanks a lot Paul

Welcome to the Forums!

Congratulations on getting this far. I am one of those folks that can’t have keto desserts while getting keto then fat adapted. The sugar cravings don’t tend to dissipate. Glad that you found this out yourself and you are well on your way.

(Robin) #5

Hey Hey! Glad to meet you! Glad you’re getting your feet back under you now. You already know what you’re doing, but if any questions pop up, this is still the place to start. You got this!

(Laurie) #6

Welcome. You’re off to a great start.

Welcome. Sounds like you’re off to a great start.

In the beginning, don’t complicate it. Keep carbs under 20 total grams per day. Prioritize protein and fill in with fat.

Harder to fit in desserts when you use total carbs instead of net.

(Will) #8

Thanks to all of you. I decided to step on my scale this morning, mainly due to how my pants and work shirts seem to be fitting. Last Monday I started fresh with my NWOE I weighed 295. This morning, wearing the same clothing that I wore last weigh in, I weigh 283. I know that’s not something to expect week after week but holy cow. I’m excited to start week 2.

(Robin) #9

YAHOOOOOO!
Ride that wave! :vulcan_salute:

(Marianne) #10

Awesome! Glad you are enjoying keto and experiencing the benefits.

Yay! Good luck for the future too! :smiley: It’s just the very beginning!

That is awesome progress Will. Welcome! Enjoy the shot of early motivation and keep doing what you’re doing!! I admire your resolve to stay off the fake desserts and artificial sweeteners. They can be very moreish, just like regular carbage, and the less sweet things you eat, the easier it will become. If I can go a week without artificial sweetener my cravings really subside (the reverse is also true). Good luck and keep posting!

(Bob M) #13

You might be one of those people who can lose a lot of weight quickly. They do exist.

Regardless, that sounds like a great week!

Agree wholeheartedly about the effects of artificial sweeteners. I find it much easier (for me) to do without any sweetener, such as in my coffee, than to use it. And my desire for sweets abated more quickly when I stopped using artificial sweeteners.

(Chris) #15

Congrats on 7 days (though by now it’s 12 days?)! I’m in the same boat, feeling better each day after week 1!