Fibromalagia, endo,pcos, cfs and keto

newbies

(Keira Bradford Jones) #1

Hey guys :crazy_face: so here I am brand new to the ketogenic world. I’m also a fibromalagia sufferer,pcos,endrodrametrias,chronic fatigue syndrome… the list goes on. So I was just wondering if anyone else sufferes from any of the above and do you have any advice,tips,tricks that will help me and also how has the ketogenic way of life helped you. Much love :butterfly:

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #2

Hi Keira,
Welcome! I’ve been off the forums the last few weeks and was browsing today when I saw your post. Totally surprised no one had welcomed you or replied. That is very atypical! Must be the Lanor Day weekend where everyone is out exercising while their meats are in the sous vide!

There are quite a few threads about some of the conditions you experience. You can search under the terms; fibromyalgia pcos etc and ask questions

Keto Womam podcast with Daisy is a great way to listen along with Two Keto Dudes, founders of the ketogenic forum and a number of Keto podcasts etc. I just call them the Lifesavers–sugar free of course’

I have no thyroid so struggle, the forums provide lots of information, keep calm and Keto on!

Hers some Keto-ers who have helped me on the forums:
@collaroygal @Brenda @JustPeachy @OldDoug @richard

(Doug) #3

Welcome Keira. :slightly_smiling_face:

Cailyn is right - Labor Day holiday in the U.S. Thanks for the mention @Cailynq

I don’t have any of the exact things you mentioned, Keira. I do have some joint and nerve issues, arthritis trying to get a foothold in several parts of the body, wear and tear that’s accumulated, and just plain getting old - will be 60 in March. Eating ketogenically, I definitely feel better - less swelling and I think less inflammation. The inflammation thing is huge, and very ‘general’ to me and I have never had any type of tests related to it.

I’ve read that for many of us, keto means less inflammation, and that carbohydrates - especially refined, processed foods and sugars - mean higher levels of inflammation, and that can cause all sorts of things.

This forum alone has vast numbers of testimonials that people feel better when keto. Not saying that any cures will come instantly, or even at all - different people have different experiences. A few feel worse before they start feeling better.

Good luck.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #4

Welcome Kiera! @Kikid123
I do not have any of the diagnosis you mentioned, my thing was obesity, hypertension, depression and T2DM. All resolved with the ketogenic diet.
Definately use the search function in this forum to locate specific topics you need.

(KCKO, KCFO) #5

Welcome Kiera, I too do not have the issues you are facing but they are much talked about around here. There is a Women’s Fasting thread that might prove helpful for you, they talk about all things female, keto, fasting. Also there is a thread for conditions others report as being much improved, reversed, cured, etc.

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/c/fast/fasting-females

(Sophie) #6

Welcome to the forum @Kikid123! I also don’t have the issues you mentioned, even though my Dr. suggested I may have Fibro and wanted me to take Cymbalta. I told him no thanks. I did see an Endo twice. She wasn’t much help to me either, but hinted that I might be insulin resistant. All she suggested was that I lose weight by eating less and exercising more. :roll_eyes: Eventually, I have found out that I’m hypothyroid which was part of my probs. I also supplement with iodine and that has made a huge difference for me in a lot of areas. Of course, Keto has been lifesaving to say the least. Look around. There are lots of helpful peeps and resources here.

@Cailynq I’m humbled to be mentioned with the above wonderful folks! :blush:

(Keira Bradford Jones) #7

Thankyou xx

(Keira Bradford Jones) #8

Thankyou for all your help x