Ferocious Fix February - Carnivore Challenge (Fit it In - Fit in It! ) Feb 2022

zerocarb
carnivore

(Karen) #362

@FrankoBear so glad you knew how you could remedy your AF. My stroke was caused by AF. I don’t know what my heart rate was doing on that blip day but I was told my heart rhythm was erratic. My temp also dropped to 34° and was hypothermic. My resting heart beat is generally between 45 and 54 sometimes a little higher/lower. Interestingly when they were doing their regular stats while in hosp it was between 43 and 45 bpm. Of course did tell them that was normal. The PEI’s at work used to say how strange it was that my heart rate was so low but BP so high! They would take BP before our fitness tests as one guy dropped dead straight after his test! Scarey! That was when they decided I couldn’t take the test unless the BP was lower. Annoying as I used to enjoy doing the fitness test and used it as a warm up for my lunch time gym session!

Well I really hope you don’t have any further problems, you sure are fortunate MRS Bear can help you x

That was a terrifying read @FrankoBear - I’m glad you and Mrs Bear were able to remedy it, and as has been said, you know when to head to the ER.

(Robin) #364

Your “time is flying by without me even realizing it” statement really hit home for me.
When you are there with your loved one while they are struggling for so long and then suddenly, the battle is over and they are gone….
I can remember so well, looking out the hospital window and seeing all the cars… people driving to work, like nothing had changed. I was in a bubble suspended in time. All around me, everyone else was having a life, while I was in limbo and grieving a life.

It’s very disorienting when you slip into a world that exists without your person. You feel as if the calendar and clock should be reset to day one, as you are starting all over again. Day one. Now day two, etc.

Some day, you will be one of those people in your car, going somewhere… like nothing has changed. But you’ll know.

Everything has changed. You have changed too. You are learning how to navigate without your rock. I send blessings as you find your balance again. Patience and peace, friend.

yes. I feel abandoned in some way but I know that is never the issue ya know, but I feel the rock has been pulled out from under me, I so understand what you posted!! everything you said is so spot on and thank you tons R! I appreciate your thoughts! Very kind to help me thru tough times :heart: I also feel better others ‘get it’ like I am feeling it right now :slight_smile: It is comforting to not feel alone.

Have you seen that image online about a ball in the room? I think that’s the best description I’ve ever seen of it.

Basically, there’s a button called ‘grief’ on the wall - and you start off with a ball that’s as big as the room. The ball constantly bangs against the button.

As time goes on, the ball gets smaller - and each time it hits the grief button, it’s as painful as it ever was, but because the ball is smaller, it only hits the button periodically instead of constantly.

I thought that was a really great way of depicting it. I always remember thinking the worst of the pain was when it was just starting to ebb away - when you’d wake up and for the first 5 seconds, you’d forgotten, and then you’d remember. The grief would hit so hard - and it’d be combined with guilt that you’d briefly forgotten. I think the juxtaposition between ‘not feeling’ and ‘feeling’ was worse than just ‘feeling’ constantly - but of course, that’s the first step forward to managing going forward.

Everyone who is going through a tough time at the moment is in my thoughts.

(Robin) #367

Yeah great analogy!

(Judy Thompson) #368

Y’all are so beautifully graphic in your descriptions of grief! @robintemplin your writing brought tears to my eyes.
@fangs thank you, I’ll stop with the tallow and ghee for awhile, that makes perfect sense.

Now heck I got tears in my eyes :frowning: but they are ok tears. We are allowed to be sad…you summed up what moving forward will be all about for all of us! Thank you for your kind words to help!

(Karen) #370

Had a pretty decent sleep last night, u went to bed fairly late but didn’t wake for the loo till probably 6am so think I slept about 5 hours solid… very unlike me but I am not complaining… hahah I even had to ask myself ‘did i get up or not through the night?’ Didn’t do anything differently I don’t think except I ate less as I just had those chicken wings and some cheese when i got home from kitty sitting. Maybe cat therapy is working its magic? Another day of Astrid sitting and my daughter and her husband returned home at 4 this afternoon.

I did my stair runs before going round my daughters house and took a packet of 4 pork loin chops of which I ate just 2. Had to share a little bit with Astrid else she would have just sat on my plate! Little minx! The chops weren’t as nice as when I cook them at home… I grilled them (I don’t have a grill at home) much nicer pan-fried.

Came home and had some cheese. Must slice the steak up tomorrow and freeze it.

(Judy Thompson) #371

Nothing to eat today until after the jam session, about 3 pm… Then, 3 eggs and 2 beef hot dogs (Hebrew National, no sugar) and just a ½ piece of bacon along with my leftover hamburger and beef broth from yesterday. BAD digestive reaction an hour later. I did the hot dogs as they’re fairly low fat and beef, compared to the bacon. I really hate Immodium since I grew up constipated, but if it comes to that.
Tomorrow I’ll make chicken tenders.

On the upside there’s a lot less inflammation and joint pain. I’ve all but stopped the gabapentin (for sciatica). I just take a muscle relaxant at night, either Robaxin or Skelaxin, and use a lidocaine patch on each side for sciatica. My legs aren’t as sore either.
In 20 years when I’m 89 I’d really like to still be independent and have my mental faculties. It’s NOT that far off! Really. My chosen way to die would be to get hit by a bus - or maybe just to say, it’s a good day to die. Like everybody here, I’ve seen the inside of enough nursing homes never to want to live in one!

Yes. Cats, our obligate carnivore spirit guides (if you’re into Animism).

Time for the annual migration. Back to the March of the Carnivores. Following where our healthy appetites, our appetites for health, take us.

Last night’s sunset from the farm gate.

(Linda ) #373

Today was omad I didn’t eat til almost 6 and had a large ribeye steak that I couldn’t quite finish …
It’s 1am and still not hungry now im ready to head off to bed…

(Alec) #374

(Alec) #375

I promised you Kangaroo….

Well…kidney infection is pretty much over, with one stone gone. Hoping that was it. Still sore, but functional. Managed to work the last two days- full shifts. Then have today and tomorrow- day shifts. Wednesday off, then work Thurs-Sun on afternoons. Even with all these hours, I have not really been hungry at all. I have been drinking water and chicken or beef broth quite a bit. Excited to dig a steak out of the freezer one of these nights and just gobble it up.

We have 1-2 feet of snow heading our way this evening, (yes, feet.) Maybe I’ll get snowed in tomorrow and have a day off! LOL! =)

@Alecmcq
your meal pics look great. That kangaroo seems nice, I am more rare eater too and love that juicy on that plate.

@JJFiddle
Yes if you need Immodium, take some. It is ok to work thru some adaption symptoms we get as you need. Also your body is truly healing more but it is still shedding toxins so that can upset the gut apple cart also for some. Do as you need, take care of you, and let more time get under your belt and I hope you come around fast now.

@SecondBreakfast
wow hope you get some relief now and it is over for you!!
You work thru anything don’t ya :slight_smile: I do hope you get that snow so you can have a darn day off, you hard working lady!! I saw on the news that Winter Storm Nancy is coming at ya…looks like you will be getting hit kinda hard.

----------------ALL OK but darn if I didn’t wanna jump on some choc and other crap yesterday. But I did not. I had to put on the big girl panties and yell at myself that excuse time is not an option and to just cut it out. This works for me actually! I fried up 1/2 pk bacon and sprinkled with some cheddar I grated up and it wasn’t enough so I ate up a piece of leftover chicken breast I made at dinner time. That filled me up enough to stop the stupid brain cravings.

Today I defrosted a pack of thin cut NY Strip steaks. I think that is the last thin cut pack in there. I am not buying those anymore, they are useless in size ya know and taste isn’t same as a big ol’ honking fat thick steak cooked so watching my meat buys. I ain’t buying anything to just fill the freezer anymore ya know.

So in the pk is 3 thin cut steaks which total just under a lb…will eat all 3 and dinner I have a nice pk of pork chops to eat. I been wanting pork again so decided to let the beef only challenge go for a bit while I get my brain ducks in a row :slight_smile:

All going ok here. Final biggie is I pick up Mom’s ashes and death certificates at the funeral home today later and after that, I feel like I got ‘thru it all’ better now and feel more like life will march on ok :slight_smile: Still raw but feeling better definitely.

(Judy Thompson) #378

That was a big day for me, picking up Mom’s ashes last year and it was just about a year ago we went down to the Veterans Cemetery in San Antonio and watched from our truck when they buried the urn next to Daddy. Peace for ya @Fangs, you’re being brave with your food and doing right for your mom.
I’ll get some Immodium. John’s going to town today, I’ll see if he can stop and pick some up.
@azi glad the trauma is almost over! Great that you never let it get you down!
@Alecmcq Roo looks good! Is it gamey? Do they farm breed them or hunt them wild?

I’m hungry this morning, going to take my bike and lipase and have a hard boiled egg. I read that lemon juice is okay on carnivore because it supplies vitamin C, so I may defrost some shrimp to have with beef roast for lunch. That will be a treat!

Thanks @JJFiddle
I feel more stable and secure in it all as I know you feel like I did on ‘pick up day’ yikes

lemon juice you do not need. Your body OFF plants and adjusting means your ‘need for C’ will be minimialized and easily replaced by eating fresh meat.

Those sailors long ago did not require fruit for scurvy. What they need was FRESH meat but on board they got cured, salted, dried meats for stability in travel so our C recommendations etc is not valid if ya know what I mean…fresh meat intake provides all the C you need and you are getting just that. You do not NEED lemon juice in any way truly!

some info: https://youtu.be/JDpRJWdpkiQ

(Judy Thompson) #380

Aww… Ok… Rolling into town and thought I would check. So shrimp, no lemon. I know I don’t need it, just sounded nice.

(Robin) #381

“Raw but better” is just fine. Will you have much work to do with your mom’s stuff” I’m guessing that was dealt with much earlier.

Glad you can boss yourself around and then mind yourself! And yeah, thin steak??? Just WHY?