Feel like death day 3 zero carb

(Rob Grantham) #13

Yes i also totally relate to that. If I go protein heavy I get that low bs feeling and more hunger I think is the body’s natural response

(Rob Grantham) #14

I know that carni folks are all against measuring macros etc but it would be helpful to have a general idea of fat/protein ratios for this kind of thing. I find even the 80/20 beef quite protein heavy.

(mole person) #15

I feel good between 15-20% protein.

(Rob Grantham) #16

Thanks yeah I’ll play with that a bit see if I feel better don’t want any more hypo type situations

(mole person) #17

Let me know how it goes.

(mole person) #18

I have another question for you. In another thread you said:

I’ve been trying to track down a reference for this. Do you remember where you saw it?

(Rob Grantham) #19

Oh my yes that’s probably why I didnt give a reference. I seem to remember it was actually one of these YouTube keto doctors saying that. I will try to retrace my steps and see if I can find it.

(Rob Grantham) #20

Maybe there should be a new sub group… zero carb high fat? :joy:

(mole person) #21

Yes!!! :smiley:

(Chris) #22

Link in my profile, very top post are the best 10 tips I could think of to get started with carnivore, from someone who has done this almost 2 years.

(Rob Grantham) #23

Thanks Chris… I have to report I caved today… are some brocolli and half a tomato. I just felt like a zombie the last 6 days I don’t know if it was too little fat… I’m gonna give it a while and try again. Truth is I do like my veg sometimes and my brain does seem to work a bit better…

(Chris) #24

Unfortunately you’ll never know if you don’t give it its fair shot. And yes, probably not enough fat. :slight_smile:

(Rob Grantham) #25

Yeah I totally agree. I tried carni last year as well that time i got four weeks in but I was struggling with fatigue. Maybe it’s just going to take longer to adapt. Do you drink milk or are you strict zero carb? I know some carnivore folks do

(Chris) #26

I do not condone dairy at all - it completely messes with my digestion and causes excess fat gain. Same for the majority of people whether or not they admit it.

(Rob Grantham) #27

Ok folks we are two hours post brocolli and my bloating and stomach growling is somewhat off putting. First time I’ve noticed this but my stomach has really expanded… tomorrow is day one again!

(mole person) #28

Stop dairy-shaming me!

(Chris) #29

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: never!

(Rob Grantham) #30

Yeah apparently the caso morphine in cheese is as addictive to us as cocaine. Cocaine depending what it’s cut with would therefore be a better ZC option :wink:

(mole person) #31

Lol…and it’s better for weight loss too!

(Rob Grantham) #32

illana slightly off topic but how do you calculate macros? im currently looking towatds keeping protein at around 12% carbs 5% andf fat 83% this would mean having to do 73g of fat per meal which to me seems quite a lot