Feedback on the new Dudes' produced podcasts

(KCKO, KCFO) #1

I have already put my feedback in a thread on Daisy’s Keto Women. Loved that one, wanted more when it ended.

I wanted to give feedback on the other podcast as well, as I didn’t love it. Keto Family. I could not make it through the podcast. The woman’s voice was like fingernails on a chalkboard, I could not listen to it. The man seemed to be trying too hard, not always as funny as he thought he was. I honestly can’t tell you what they talked about, because they so distracted my mind. It was not my cuppa. Didn’t make it to the half way mark on the podcast. As I am a retiree, I am not their target market. Some of you might find it a delight?

(Anderson Herzogenrath Da Costa) #2

Most of the feedback I saw was positive and I enjoyed the content. I am a parent of 2 young kids so I am their target.

(sue) #3

I personally loved it. I think their sense of humor works with mine. I loved the episode that they were featured in Episode 60 Keto Parenting, then I got to meet them briefly in person at Ketofest and honestly loved their pilot episode.

I’m 27 and single but also enjoyed the keto kiddies segment too :blush:

(G. Andrew Duthie) #4

Karen and Mark are definitely high-energy folks. I can see where that might be polarizing, depending on the listener’s personality.

Regardless, I’m very glad that there’s a family-focused keto podcast available, as there are definitely challenges in getting other family members on board with keto, so every resource is helpful.

(Randy) #5

I really like science based podcasts. I’m afraid neither of these will be a regular listen for me. But I wish them well, and support any effort to help move keto in to the mainstream.

(Sarah Herlihy) #6

I really like the one for women. Even though i am a Mum with a fam bam i dont listen to the family one.

(Carpe salata!) #7

I’m an Aussie and I think the ketomom voice is more to a us taste as you said. I felt like you did, but I think I warmed to them as it went through. I also thought maybe they were a bit nervous and would settle in after a few eps.

(KCKO, KCFO) #8

I am just so excited that the 2dudes are trying to broaden their audience. I can hardly wait for another Keto Women podcast.

I’m glad the other podcast will find an audience too.

If @richard and @carl are monitoring, I hope you can do a podcast that focuses on retirees and others that have other issues (inflammation issues, etc) that seem to get better with Keto/LCHF eating. It benefits not just T2D and those who need to lose weight.

(carl) #9

Great feedback. Thanks!

Just you wait till you see what’s coming next…,

You may want to start a Keto Kids topic (unless I missed it).

I have one kid who is overweight but is only 12 and our family is vertically challenged so I do not want to in any way shape or form limit his growth. He just had a whole bunch of blood done and it all came back great so I do not think he is deranged yet (I am familiar with the Kraft test so you never know). Not sure what to do with him.

(Erin Macfarland ) #11

@collaroygal I have to say I agree 100%

(Gabe “No Dogma, Only Science Please!” ) #12

One suggestion: the Dudes should produce their regular scheduled podcast each week and simply release an extra episode on the weeks they want to showcase a pilot.

The new podcasts sound great, but they’re not relevant to me, and I’m disappointed when I don’t get my dudes each week :wink:

(carl) #13

Don’t worry. We will be back to our regular rhythm in a few weeks

(Norma Laming) #14

I have to say that I wasn’t keen on it and switched it off before it finished. It didn’t seem particularly keto to me.

(Carpe salata!) #15

My 2c is be sure there is leafy greens and meat for growth. Lots of carbs might result in growth sideways.

(Bacon for the Win) #16

I’m an empty-nester and have not listened. Was not crazy about the one episode they did a while back but I am not their target audience. Hopefully they are reaching the people they mean to reach.