Favorite motivational saying

(Little Miss Scare-All) #21

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile: :metal:

(Kirk) #22

Right is right, and wrong isn’t.

(GINA ) #23

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast- Marky Mark playing a sniper.

(Susan) #24

Action Precedes Motivation - Robert McKain

(Will knit for bacon. ) #25

What doesn’t kill me better run, ‘cause now I’m pissed.
-Dean Winchester, probably

(Humberto Tavares) #26

It’s not hunger… it’s thirst

I’ve had this one in my workshop for years…not just as a handy reminder to a business owner, but for the daily struggle of trying to drop weight and get healthy…

“Perserverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.”
-Newt Gingrich

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #28

This was a poster in my 5th grade class. I can’t find someone who said it exactly this way, though, so I don’t know who said it.

“Things that do not grow or change will die.”

(John) #29

“Swing your feet over the side, put them on the floor, stand up, and get out of bed.”
-Me, spoken to me, most mornings.

:slight_smile:

Fake it, Till you make it.
A community college psychology instructor 2003’

(PSackmann) #31

There are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don’t know we don’t know.
I keep this in mind often at work

(Karen) #32

These are the ones that will bite you in the…

The things we think
We most can’t live without
Are probably the things
Without which we could
Outlive most with.

(Thoughts on critical thinking or chocolate)

From Miles Kington:

Knowledge is knowing that a tomatoe is fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

(Karen) #35

Ha ha ha :joy::rofl:

(Stephanie ) #36

“The reward for work well done is the opportunity to do more.”

• Jonas Salk

I found the old formula book buried in my workshop. In between each page, I would always write down my favorite quotes over the years. When I come up with a new idea, I write it down, leave a couple pages for notes and batch numbers, then find another quote to add. These are a few of the recent ones… Just keeps me motivated when I’m tired and buried in work, or frustrated that something isn’t turning out the way it should.

“Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn”

• Harriet Beecher Stowe

"Don’t raise your voice. Improve the arguement. " - Unknown

“Expect problems and eat them for breakfast.” - Alfred A. Monteport

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” - Thomas A. Edison

(Karen) #39

The only thing standing between you and your goal is the BS story you keep telling yourself. :thinking: