Fat bombs and BPC

(Lesli Ross) #1

Anyone else feel like you could live off fat bombs and Bulletproof coffee??

At one point, yes. Now I no longer force the fat in. For a while I was pretty insane with the stuff I was coming up with.

(Rebecca ) #3

At the beginning I ate some Fat Bomb everyday…now I very rarely do. I do have coffee with heavy cream and MCT every morning. I have noticed that I have decreased the Stevia extract a lot and will probably stop using it soon. My taste for sweet is nearly gone!!:partying_face:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #4

No. I’ve never done ‘fat bombs’. I started making my keto coffee to match my macros right from the start. I decided my morning coffee was going to be my first meal of the day and I did not want to make up a protein deficit later in the day.

Definitely not, I need food. BPC always sounded very gross to me, actually.
Savory fat bombs are fine but I had to ban them on keto, way too much fat and calories (and peanuts :slight_smile: but it tasted great. I did 16 pieces, I ate 16 pieces. sometimes I could make it last for 2 days but that took way too much willpower and I have about zero for food).

I need protein for satiation. I would never lose anything with fat bombs.
My coffee has eggs in it.

(Jack Bennett) #6

I always found the noise around bulletproof coffee to be greater than the results. Testimonials of 7+ hour (or “all day”) satiety did not line up with my personal experience.

Typically I’d start getting hungry for lunch after only 4-5 hours after drinking BPC, which is fine, but not quite as promised.

My usual recipe was 30 mL of grass fed butter and 30 mL of C8 MCT oil, so I wasn’t skimping on the ingredients. It was probably 500+ kcal of fat.

(Lesli Ross) #7

I’ve read your posts about Bubba (I think). I had a hard time understanding which ingredients you used though. Would you mind listing them for me?

(Lesli Ross) #8

BPC sounds terrible but it tastes so much better than you’d think!

(Lesli Ross) #9

Today I had a glass of BPC at 9, then ate 3 oz of cheese and some sausage around 11. I wasn’t truly hungry again all day. I ate half an avocado later, around 1 and finally made myself eat a taco dinner bowl. I find that when I have BPC in the morning, I’m definitely less hungry during the day.

Heard Dr. Gendreau mention using coffee as an appetite suppressant as a tactic for new keto eaters. I see it posted about, the coffee appetite suppression for years on this forum, it’s a tactic (along with green tea) for some of those enjoying fasting. But as coffee is addictive, it can stay in the plan for years, often getting a ‘free pass’, until that fateful day when the dietary cleaning fairy arrives (like an English nanny flying in holding an umbrella).

That being said, and with some unsureness and unwillingness of the bullet deflecting ability of a morning cup of coffee, I use it to help mental clarity and time restricted eating (16:8) to that scary point where I don’t notice, or acknowledge it as food. (see the addiction topics).

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/search?q=coffee%20appetite%20suppressant

Bombs and bullets? It’s a war out there.

Many people truly fight a battle when jump into keto from their extremely bad old diet… :smiley:

It was smooth to me but I came from low-carb, high-fat, natural IF. I can’t even imagine how keto is like with a low-fat past. Especially for people who love their low-fat protein. They need to consume more fat somehow.

I would think BPC is good for hunger due to its fat content but of course, I’ve heard this about coffee as well so it’s probably true for many. It never was more effective than clear water to me (except being a bit more fun and I appreciate the warmth).

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #12

Open this to full view to see the recipe.

(Paulene ) #13

Whaaaaatt?!?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I like my coffee with protein and fat, not only fat, what’s wrong with it? :smiley:
Egg in coffee and egg milk are common things in some circles but I am worse. I mostly live on eggs since ages. I put eggs into everything and where people use one egg, I use several. My ice cream is almost 100% eggs. I consider a “bread” or cake made with almost only eggs valid if not perfect. Eggs are my liquid (if someone calls for water or milk, probably eggs will do), eggs are my flour sometimes… Alpha and omega and so on.

Coffee with eggs is nice, of course I use a hand blender to make it foamy, without it the coffee would be just as gross or even worse than coffee with butter (that’s drinkable when foamy but not really good to me).
Coffee with lots of fat and without eggs or dairy (but not butter, that’s too fatty without a significant amount of protein) or at least plant milk? Totally gross. Watered oil, yuck!