Fasting is easier for me with Amino supplements, "The Craving Cure" https://www.juliarosscures.com/

(347310c402a476c3008e) #1

I am having a breakthrough; was stuck at 195 lbs for a year (down from 221, height 6’ 1"). Now 188 and moving to goal 180. I am now having easier Intermittent fasts (18/6) by using just a pinch of certain free-form amino acids. Which I hijacked the concept for, from the excellent “The Craving Cure” by Julia Ross. I pour out the powder from the pill capsule into water, take sips and holding in mouth a minute for maximum sub-lingual absorption, then swallow (the taste is great, which is a good sign), as Julia recommends. The result for me is total bliss (seriously), and no hunger for 4 hours.
Tryptophan%20GABA%20Glysine%20Glutamine
Tryptophan, GABA, Glutamine, and now I add Glycine also since one of the 2 Keto Dudes (the Aussie) mentioned Glycine, last 2 podcasts. Soon I will use bulk sources for all instead of opening capsules. This is protein, so there may be a tiny slow down in autophagy during IF, but in such a minuscule amount (less than 1 gram of each free-form essential amino) that there may be no cessation of autophagy (or only momentary)? Julia’s program is amino supplementation for about 6 weeks only, to retrain the brain to not search in all the wrong “foods” (“TechnoCarbz”) for one’s missing nutrients. What a concept, explained so elegantly and thoroughly in her new book! I am a nutrient sensing beast and need to replenish stores of the essentials … I was shown the science, in the book, yo. Hunger for me is “being hangry.” In my case my “Hanger Code” is revealed to be some deficiency in essential amino nutrients, easily and affordably supplemented and brought up to optimal. For another example, she mentions the “Zinc Assay” as a test. I looked it up, and, having purchased other nutritional supplements usually before knowing if a need existed, this seems a very sensible protocol. One’s taste is used to test for deficiency! As with salt, read earlier somewhere else: to help prevent Keto Flu take a taste of salt and if it tastes really good, keep tasting (until it doesn’t taste good!

(Bunny) #2

Related: