Fast heartbeat for over 1 week is scaring me

(Miranda ) #41

Thanks for all the feedback! I’m happy to report since I posted the first thread, I doubled my salads and avos, took 3 servings my fancy water stuff…and actually heart rate is pretty much almost back to normal. I’m not touching caffeine until this is really solved because that always makes my heart beat faster. I am thinking about getting some Lo-salt, once I finish reading all this…4500mg a day is super high! I might only need 2000…

(Davy) #42

It’s pretty easy to eat, say, 8 cups of spinach a day, @Miranda_1016 It’s very light. I normally eat close to this in 2 different sittings. That and only 1 avocado will give you 2000mg of Potassium.
One must be careful about serum readings on Magnesium and probably Potassium. Serum contains only 1% of the magnesium in the body; The rest, 99%, is in the cells, bones, tissues, etc, so that reading your doctor does on Magnesium is practically worthless. (most doctors don’t know this, or they hide it, so they can keep prescribing big $ drugs)
Potassium I think is only a very small % in the serum also, so results there would be very questionable. The healthy range, supposedly is what, 3.5 to 5.2. If you’re showing low on THAT scale, you’re probably extremely low in the body.

(Miranda ) #43

Sounds good! I need to switch from salad greens to spinach. Also- just learned bok choy is really high in potassium too. I feel better eating potassium than drinking lo-salt!

(Wendy) #44

I’m no expert but I do know that doctors test and take potassium levels seriously especially if you have heart issues. My son has had serious heart problems since he was born and had a transplant about 5 years ago.
He once had a test that showed he was dangerously high in potassium , he was taking potassium supplements from the cardiologist, and they were going to have him come in, fortunately it was an inaccurate test and he didn’t have to be admitted. During his various stays in the hospital they monitored this frequently and changed the amount prescribed as needed. The potassium level in the blood is the level that affects the rhythm. It’s kind of important.