Family victory

(Bob Weiman) #1

So, the in-laws came to our house for that side of the family’s Christmas celebration. I made the Cauliflower Mac and Cheese with riced cauliflower and broccoli and a few other minor tweaks and nobody complained about it - a bunch of people asked for the recipe. Including my sister-in-law who’s pre-type 2 / PCOS / etc and who keeps telling me she could never go keto because she’d have to give up tasty food.

(Jolena Foster) #2

It’s amazing how people think that going keto means giving up the foods you love. You can eat really great foods… you have to make them a diferent way. Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

(Guardian of the bacon) #3

Many, not all of us live with some type of food limitations. Many limitations are self imposed because of notions of health consequences, Some real…some false. Some are because of religious reasons. Others are because of social beliefs.

I feel eating ketogenic is the least restrictive, most versatile WOE I’ve ever enjoyed.

(Scott Shillady) #4

Unless you like baby corn, or peanut better :zornface:

It’s amazing that people think they could not live without a higher carb diet. Give up grains and sugar!!! That is too much to ask! I say, they can keep there grains and sugar, I couldn’t live with my healthy fats😋

So is eating keto foods when you’re not actually practicing the diet not so good or no? I don’t want to @ anyone… mainly just curious.

(Guardian of the bacon) #7

The sacrifices we make.

(Guardian of the bacon) #8

@Izerian I’m not sure if you are referencing any particular keto foods? In general Keto foods are whole, natural, nutritionally dense foods.

The one thing to watch out for is that you DO NOT want to combine a high fat and a high carb sugar laden diet. This would be the surest way to pack on lots of body fat.

(Pamela) #9

I hosted Christmas for my family. All type 2 diabetics. Most on insulin. Dad recently diagnosed with MS.

Anyways, I got them to agree to a complete Keto Christmas meal.

Everyone loved the food! My brother, who swore he hates brussels, ate 3 helpings of my shaved brussels.

Too bad they still insist consuming that much fat is dangerous. Another excuse is the cost & time it takes.

I’ll keep working on them!

(Fran) #10

I had a family victory: my mom is keto has lost about 20lbs is now off her statin (after talking to her doc) and is on a different BP meds; my autistic brother is on keto and has lost about 10lbs and is super excited about the fact that his pants are now falling off; my dad, who was resistant at first, is reporting no cravings, less hunger, lower BP, and weight loss. I think i may have saved my dad’s life.

We are visiting my mom for memorial day and she has planned keto meals for my family all weekend. I’m so happy for family support. Because from my hubby’s family there’s nothing but criticism and misplaced worry. So happy and excited for everyone’s progress.