Fair Life milk?

(Erin Macfarland ) #1

Thinking about using Fairlife milk in a low carb recipe, I found a version that is “whole milk ultra filtered” with reduced sugars and carbs. One cup has 6 g carbs, which I am guessing would be similar to what a cup of heavy cream would have. Thoughts?

(Donna ) #2

Are you going to add fat to it, or just drink it like a regular glass of milk? (It wouldn’t be worth it to me, using up 6 carbs that way.) Are you missing drinking milk?

Have you tried diluting HWC and drinking that?

I just gave up drinking milk and moved on to Keto things. Green tea and herbal tea.

(Damon Chance) #3

She’s using it in a recipe. Unless it’s a single serving recipe I’m sure it will be fine. Even if it is… it’s doable.

(Damon Chance) #4

Seems legit to me… I’ve had their chocolate milk pre Keto and liked it. I haven’t seen the regular version. I will keep that in mind. I used regular whole milk to make ranch today but since I only had a couple of tablespoons or so I wasnt worried about ir.

(Erin Macfarland ) #5

I used it in a chocolate cream pie recipe to make it a little less rich, with added heavy cream. So basically I wanted to swap out some of the cream in the recipe. It turned out great! Delicious! I think it would work for sauces as well, I’m not drinking it but I think in recipes it is a good option!