Experience with EGG WHITE PROTEIN

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #1

Anyone use this in your recipes?
I bought a tub when I first started keto as it was a suggested buy but I have no use for it what so ever, lol.

I saw someone say that they use an unflavoured whey protein for all of their coatings to fry in?

(Troy) #2

Never tried it

But, What about something simple like this🤔?

Plus, it also calls for added eggs
So you can have the yolks too😆

Keto Bread

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #3

Might give that a go!

(Ivy) #4

Why does egg white protein – with whey potein powder – cause an insuln response , in a bread recipe? Got the idea from The Keto Show on carnivore.
Saw the recipe worked on youtube.

(Ivy) #6

EXACTLY what im referring to. I heard a podcast on The Keto Show that eating it in ann egg white bread recipe does NOT, on carnivore

WHICH is where Im coming from. Is it true I can just have it with milk?

Can you post the recipe?

Different foods blunt the blood sugar response. Fiber is one of those.

(Ivy) #8

CONSIDER THIS POST AS A TOOL WITH THE KNOWLEDGE THAT CASEIN IS BEST CONSUMED WITH WHEY FOR THE LOWEST AFFECT TO BLOOD SUGAR

The podcast that was about whey with egg white protein, as bread. I heard that, on carnivore and PSMF, whey can be consumed, as long as it is within an egg white protein bread recipe. ANY recipe. Hence PART ONE [The PSMF Bread Recipe I looked up] :

Egg white bread ingredients:
• 1 cup fresh egg whites (or store bought)
• 1/3 cup egg white powder
• 2 tsp cream of tartar
• seasonings of choice. (I used ¼ tsp Redmond salt, ½ tsp garlic powder and sprinkled with Italian seasoning)
Beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Add the rest of the ingredients, one at a time, beating on low until just combined. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes, turn oven off and let rest in oven for 15 minutes. ( I used my Ninja grill with the Bake option for the exact same temp and time). Cool the egg white bread completely before slicing.

1. [ The recipe above in video] : https://youtu.be/ptt3dgvOhTU but assuming you add whey protein powder, You have to carefully fold it in nearer the end of the mixing and it is one main mixing/whipping so its its an easy step to understand, but you have to do it oh so carefully / slowly to not poof down the whipped peaks. Not sure actually if adding in the middle counts, let alone the beginning. I read somewhere that it works this way.
  2. [This is just almost the same thing, but with spices, and has a notation for whey protein powder
    http://nourishedintuition.com/nourished-carnivore-bread/
  • with savory touch and uses egg white protein powder, but specifies succinctly can be subbed with whey

PART TWO: Recipes using this PSMF bread as the base!
[From Above Maria Emmerich PSMF Bread]

1. Keto or Carnivore Birthday Cake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5_lm…
    Egg white cake ingredients:
    Ingredients (see below for links to ingredients):
    • ¾ cup egg whites
    • 2 tbsp egg white powder
    • 1 tbsp glycine (or use Swerve or Allulose for keto)
    • 2 packets True Lemon crystals
    Beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Add the rest of the ingredients, one at a time, beating on low until just combined.
    Bake at 325 for 30 minutes, turn oven off and let rest in oven for 10 minutes.
    Cool carnivore cake completely before removing and decorating.
    For frosting I whipped 1 cup heavy cream to make the 2 layer cake.

2. Keto Bread Pudding: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acPIcy6rJcg&t=0s)
    Make this Keto Bread Pudding using your leftover PSMF bread (the egg white bread). Perfect recipe to use up the PSMF bread or cake that didn’t quite turn out or you didn’t like the texture. Don’t throw it away! Make this and redeem it!

Keto Bread Pudding Recipe ingredients:
• 1 recipe of egg white carnivore cake (see my link) or 1/2 recipe PSMF bread (see link)
• 3 eggs
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• toppings/addins of your choice
Cube your leftover cake or bread into bite sized pieces and place in a pan or pie plate.
Beat eggs with cream. Pour mixture over the bread cubes and then mix with a spatula to coat all the bread pieces.
If desired sprinkle with cinnamon. Keto people can add Swerve or other toppings, Carnivore people this tastes pretty good as is!
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
I enjoy it cold from the fridge.

1. Keto French Toast Casserole (8 servings):
    • ½ recipe of Egg White Bread (see notes below) or 1 small loaf keto bread of choice
    • 6 eggs
    • 1 cup heavy cream
    • 1/3 cup allulose or allulose blend *I dont believe in using allulose, so Ill use something else
    • 1 tsp vanilla extract
    • Dash cinnamon
    Topping:
    • 3 tbsp butter
    • 3 tbsp brown sugar sweetener (like Besti or Swerve)
    • Sprinkle of cinnamon
    Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes.

Macros for French Toast Casserole: 211 Calories, 10.7 g Protein, 18.2g Fat, 0.9g total carbs,0.1 Fiber
**NOTE: Macros are using the PSMF bread. If you use another keto bread you need to calculate your own.

I see now. Egg white is a binder and it needs to be cooked to bind the whey for example and slow digestion after consumption.

Are you planning to cook the milk with the egg white?

(Ivy) #10

–Nah I was just asking if milk could be a replicate for casein, to use whey in keto at all