Exercise and high on cgm

(JK) #1

Been on keto for 3 years, wearing a cgm for about 2 weeks (non diabetic just experimenting) ,noticed my blood glucose goes up after excercise in a fasted state,why? Also would insulin also be elevated although no food has been consumed?

(JK) #3

Thanks

Excercise is a stress on the body, BG going up is completely normal, and wanted during a workout. Wouldn’t matter whether you were fasted or not.

A CGM can give some cool insight, but don’t let it do what ketone meters do to people and allow it to make you crazy over nothing.

(JK) #6

Thanks for the info, was a bit concerned.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

(1) It’s perfectly natural for serum glucose to rise during exercise, because it fuels explosive power.

(2) I’m not sure anyone knows the answer, but my guess would be no, it wouldn’t be, if you are on a low-carb/ketogenic diet. Insulin and glucagon aren’t the only regulators of serum glucose.

(JK) #8

Thanks for the info, was watching a few Prof Ben Bikman podcast and he says on keto/Low carb although glucose is elevated at certain times ,it does reflect a insulin elevation, its physiological and not pathological insulin elevation.lnsulin would only be high when you eat.