Excellent Forum

(ianrobo) #1

Hi all, just want to say how much I love this forum now even with the new colours (took @Carl_Franklin advice) and much better now :slight_smile:

However simple to use, love the topics and notifications, so easy as @richard explained on latest podcast just heard to concentrate on what I am interested in.

Great job and happy new year to you all !

(Richard Morris) #2

Thanks for the kind words and feedback.

There will be a lot of people who don’t make the transition from the facebook group, but the people who do make the move will I hope be able to make an ever greater community over here.

(ianrobo) #3

You can see that now Richard and praise is rarely given as easier to knock !

(Mark Anthony Spiteri) #4

I have to agree! I was very sceptical initially - forums seemed so old school but I must admit it works (the fact that you guys selected a great platform like Discourse helped!) and I can say I am now ‘addicted’ :wink:

Well done @richard and @carl!

(Jake P) #5

I hate using Facebook, I was happy to learn of the transition.

(Guardian of the bacon) #6

Still not convinced the social aspect will be the same, but from the perspective of giving out, receiving, and locating information the forum is unsurpassed.

I was a “lookie” on Facebook and don’t care for change, but I love this forum setup. I love being able to find things by topic. Good move!

(Cheryl Meyers) #8

I’m happy with the forum, and understand the vibe will be different from fb, which is all quick reply, quick gratification. Forums are more measured ( I like the “warning” that pops up about what you’re writing-- are you sure?-- before posting. Makes one think a bit more about the post. And I can fix my typos!)

(Insert witty quote here) #9

Yes! I also love the forums as opposed to FB. I know many people have been reluctant to make the change, but it’s so hard to find relevant information on FB. The search is terrible, reading through comments is tedious, etc.

I know that this is kind of redundant, but I know how hard it can be to come by praise, and I know a lot of hard work was put into this forum and the hard work will continue throughout the support of the forum.

Love the new site, now in glorious technicolour! Makes me wonder why more groups don’t do this as on F/B the message just gets lost.

Anyway, having a good browse😀

(Jacquie) #11

I can think of at least one keto fb group that tried a BBS forum but it didn’t seem to work. Not sure why as I didn’t belong. Heard about it from a keto friend.

I think this forum works for a few reasons. You’ve got a couple of fellows with the skills and knowledge who were willing to spend a lot of time on the front end setting it up. They’re both techies and that’s important. Also, there’s the cohesive ‘family’ from the fb group, including the supportive and knowledgeable mods to set the tone. It lays the groundwork for a very successful keto forum, imo. :slight_smile:

(Bob Weiman) #12

I concur. I just did a search for recommended blood tests and had the list within a minute! Would never have been able to get that quick of a result on the Facebook group. I know it has been a lot of work setting this up, but it is already reaping benefits for the community.

Thanks @richard and @carl (and all the mods and others involved)!