Everyone says I am too skinny

(Scott ) #21

That is true, however I am in the 15 percentile bracket for my age. That means 85% of 60 year old men have more lean body mass than I do.

(Justin Jordan) #22

Always remember:

Muscle is lean body mass. Lean body mass is not JUST muscle.

If you’re not weaker, don’t worry about it. Or lift.

(Scott ) #23

Then I guess I should lift.

(Candy Lind) #24

Age may be playing a part. I’m 63, & have started concentrating on functional exercises & weight training that will enable me to keep doing what I need to do for work & everyday living. It’s just a fact we tend to lose it if we don’t use it.

(Troy) #25

For me I was just walking and cycling 5-6 days a week
Sometimes 7 days
I did incorporate Now weightlifting ( moderate )

Now I still try to walk everyday
I did cut down on cycling though. Somewhat weather related lol

My point…I have no :bulb: idea. :smile:

I guess once I started weightlifting, for me, no real muscle loss
No fancy measuring device other than those gym / nutrition bodyfit gismos …Not the best I know

W that said, each time i walk in to get tested ( local nutrition store )…I get a lot of compliments!!

Sparks some great “ Keto -IF “ talk :+1:t2::smile:

(Scott ) #26

Years ago, I was told that doing an exercise you love will bring about long term weight loss success. I found hiking! On the other hand, I hate going to the gym. So no, not really.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

(Richard Hanson) #27

Hi Scott,

Lots of extra muscle is a waste when doing pointless ups and downs. A goal of 179 lb. sounds just about right for someone who is 6’2" and it sounds like you are doing great. If you are not carrying around a lot of useless fat, then there is no longer any need to carry around a lot of useless muscle to mobilize that fat, muscle that is only good for lifting metal plates in a gym.

If you enjoy your hikes, then the less you weigh the less stress you will have on your joints and the longer in life you will be able to enjoy those hikes.

When you are 70, or 80, or 90 and walking up mountains then just think back about all those concerned people who where worried about you getting thin and fit and healthy, think back and take a deep breath of fresh mountain air and enjoy the views.

My grandfather, my Papa, who lived to 98, walked up Mt. Washington in the summer of his 84th year. One of my long term goals is to do the same when I am 85.

Keto for Life!

Best Regards,
Richard