Ever tried this sweetener?

keto
newbies
food

(Adriana Ro) #1

Basically the only ingredients are water, stevia and natural flavours.

And why does it say 0g of carbs? Isn’t it suspicious?

(Carl Keller) #2

I’ve tried Truvia and it’s hard to tell the difference from Stevia, however, I stopped buying Truvia when I found out it was made by Coca Cola and that they use GMO corn that is processed into a sugar alcohol.

(Adriana Ro) #3

But it doesn’t Kick you out of ketosis, does it?
Do you currently use stevia? If not, what do you use?

(Carl Keller) #4

I only use about 4 grams per day of Stevia in my coffee and it does not kick me out of ketosis. It may or may not affect insulin levels and sometimes, when a person’s brain or gut senses sweetness, it can lead to cravings for more sugary things. I’m happy to say that I don’t have that problem.

There was also a study of mice that showed that mice eating artificial sweeteners tended to eat more food at meal time than mice that didn’t have the AS… for what it’s worth.

(Troy) #5

Try liquid sweet leaf stevia
LOTS of flavor choices as well
On Amazon
Some like the taste, not to bad imho
YMMV

Good Luck

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #6

Tried it, but don’t care for the taste. Aspartame either. However, I’m a Splenda freak :slightly_smiling_face: Tastes great, and doesn’t affect my Keto in any way.

(traci simpson) #7

Erythritol
Swerve

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #8

I would like to try Erythritol, but wouldn’t really want it in the house, with our 4 dogs…

(Susan) #9

I eliminated all sweeteners a while ago, my body will not lose weight if I take any sweeteners and makes me crave sugar, so no sweeteners for me.

(traci simpson) #10

Pantry?

(traci simpson) #11

I don’t make a lot of sweets as it’s a trigger for me.

(Diane) #12

@FishChris erythritol is not toxic to dogs. Xylitol is VERY toxic to dogs in very small amounts.

(traci simpson) #13

I did not know that! No dogs in my house YET.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #14

The Italian liquid in the OP appears to be water with stevia in it. I imagine this will make it easier to control the sweetness, since otherwise one would have to be careful to use only a small drop or two. The reference to 4 g of stevia in another post implies that the stevia was mixed with some other sweetener, such as erythritol or maltodextrin.

Be very careful to read the labels of Stevia in the Raw and of Truvia products, since they sell a variety of versions, some of which include actual sugar.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #15

Thank you for the correction :slightly_smiling_face:

(Deborah ) #16

Are you perhaps thinking of Xylitol? That’s the one that’s very toxic for dogs. I have a dog and won’t buy it.

ETA: Sorry, @DiMo, just saw that you already responded. :slight_smile:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #17

I’ll tell you though, both of those sweeteners have terrible names ! Their marketing Dept could use some training :grinning: lol