Emulsifier?

(Dean Bate) #1

Hi-I’m looking for recommendations on a good battery operated or rechargeable cordless emulsifier. I see quite a few on Amazon but was just looking for input from others.
Thank you in advance
Dean

(Polly) #2

Intriguing. Why?

Oh and by the way, welcome to the forum.

(Laurie) #3

Welcome!

Is an emulsifier the same as an immersion blender?

(Dean Bate) #4

Hi Polly-good question-I probably should have included my reason for wanting one. I want it to blend coffee with oil and butter.

(Dean Bate) #5

Pretty much but usually smaller and not as powerful. Its usually used just for drinks and not smoothies and that kind of thing.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #6

The second link (The Mason Jar Blender Trick: Do You Know About This?) is actually a photo of the Proctor Silex blender I use for my daily coffee. I make a liter each morning.

(Polly) #7

OK, that makes sense in a way. Are you off grid during your coffee preparation? I have found a stick blender an invaluable kitchen tool but have not considered investing in a cordless one. My experience with cordless items in my toolbox (eg cordless drill/screw driver) has been that the batteries stop charging after about a year which makes the whole shebang redundant.

(Allie) #8

I use a Nutribullet for this but not much help if you want it battery powered. What about a handheld milk frother?

Only an electric is going to have the power to mix the un-mixable. Frothers are the closest you’re going to get while on battery power and I can tell you from experience they don’t do the job. I stopped drinking those a long time ago but when I was addicted to them I tried work-arounds to keep the noise down making them at 0330 while the wife and kid were sleeping, wasn’t happening! Also, anything you see on Amazon with 15-20k 5 star reviews are fake, don’t listen to them. A couple AAA batteries aren’t gonna do it! Now if I mix something when I’m up in the AM I just use my NutriNinja on low, which is enough to mix but the noise isn’t insane either. But if batteries are really a true requirement that won’t really help.

(Jane) #10

I liked this one so much I bought one to carry in my suitcase (used to travel a lot pre-COVID) and one for my Dad. I use it to mix butter and collagen into my morning coffee. The little stand that comes with it is kinda crap but the mixer works great.