Egglife

Who uses Egglife and how?
If keto friendly l’ll be SO happy.
I hear you can make ‘pasta’ from it by slicing it with a pizza cutter and boil for 2 minutes. Zero carbs.
Pancakes zero carbs.
They are sold as wraps, no flour.

It seems okay to me after googling the ingredients…
But keto allows everything (if the amount if tiny enough, of course it doesn’t mean it’s a great idea to eat sugar but possible on keto), it’s the individuals who have ideas and experiences about the healthiness of certain ingredients etc.

But even looking at it strictly, it seems okay to me. I am not the strictest though (and I still make most things from scratch but I am usually at home and like playing with food a bit, I understand different circumstances and attitude).

It’s almost just egg white, it seems. It would make a very poor pancake for me, yolks make them tasty and even when I add other tasty stuff, I want my pancake dough being delicious too… :smiley:

(Bob M) #3

We have used these or something similar. In fact, my wife makes a Mexican dish (can’t remember the name now) that is great and close enough to the real thing for me not need to eat Mexican. (Though, I wouldn’t order the dish if I were to go to a Mexican restaurant, as they use flour tortillas.)

(Bob M) #4

This is it, and my wife substitutes the egg wraps for the turkey slices:

Supposedly, you can do the same with this:

Just substitute egg wraps for chicken deli meat. We have not tried this substitution, though. We have tried the original recipe, and it’s great.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

Since the manufacturer’s Web site doesn’t appear to display the nutritional information or ingredients anywhere, I’m going to assume that it’s not a healthy product; otherwise the nutritional data and ingredients would be prominently displayed.

(Eric) #6

Seems like you have to go into the individual products to find nutritional info

https://www.egglifefoods.com/product/eggwhite-wrap/

Ingredients seem pretty basic:
Egg whites, xanthan gum*, salt, natural flavor, nisin (natural preservative)

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

That looks pretty decent. I’d certainly give it a try.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #9

Xanthan gum can contribute to leaky gut syndrome and inflammation in some, just sayin’.

Right but this is…not frequent. Not a regular thing.

They’re good! Awesome for breakfast burritos!

What about the texture? Kind of spongy.
I certainly will try the grilled cheese idea.
Who uses them for pancakes but again what do you do about the texture?

Texture was normal, but I heated them, not sure if that had anything to do with it. For pancakes I do the Keto & Co Pancake and Waffle Mix, pretty much dead on for the real thing. The Birch Benders one is ok as well, not 100%, but good. Those take a little getting used to for cooking them right though.

BLT on Egglife.
4 very this slices of tomato.
What a treat.

(Joey) #15

I find the alert that the Egglife product “CONTAINS: EGG” to be somewhat alarming. Just me? :wink:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #16

Someone apparently had a rush of sense to the head, because our jar of peanut butter fails to warn of the presence of peanuts.

But be careful! Nutella contains tree nuts (hazelnuts), and Wellesley Farms Almond Butter contains almonds. You have been warned!