Edta

Has anyone here ever used EDTA?

(Geoffrey) #2

Haven’t heard of it.

(Alec) #3

You mean you don’t know how to spell ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid? :joy::joy::joy:

(Rebecca ) #4

It is used as a chelating agent, mainly heavy metals. I have never used it myself.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

Anyone who eats processed food is getting plenty of EDTA, since it is widely used as a preservative.

Some forms bind to calcium, too, which is probably not a good thing.

Binding to calcium is a good thing if you have calcific tendonitis. Experts say it gets rid of some of the inflammation and pain associated with it.

(Eve) #7

Used to use it in lab experiments

(B Creighton) #8

I use a ground whole lemon, diluted with water to taste and then sweetened with stevia. The citrates supposedly will help draw out oxalates/extra calcium. If you plan to do this, however, use a straw to drink it to protect your teeth, as it can remove enamel from your teeth. And then follow with tap water for alkalinity. How good EDTA is for calcium deposits in the soft tissue, I don’ know, but it will probably get rid of mercury buildup from fillings and seafood or any lead based paint you ate as a child…:money_mouth_face:

Have you heard of drinking daily a half teaspoon of baking soda diluted in a cup of boiling water (then cooled) for alkalinity? Supposedly it works the same as the lemon drink you describe for keeping you alkaline. however it does nothing to remove heavy metals from the body. Thanks for your post.

(B Creighton) #10

The purpose of the lemon drink is not to keep you alkaline. It is quite acidic, and that’s why it will pull minerals out of your teeth, if you are not careful. EDTA is kept around for removing heavy metals from the body, because it is quite good at it. That is not the purpose of the lemonade. The citrate is what helps prevent kidney stones, etc, because it does remove calcium from the body.

Then what is the purpose or use of the lemon drink?