Eating question

(William P Pochis) #1

the lady that got me started on this said you literally eat pretty much all day off and on, she did good for a while and then got sick not due to keto, I told her I keep getting hungry and she I should not, just wonder how much I can eat since my update 5 days ago have not lost and sometimes wonder if I am eating enough.

(Susan) #2

Basic Keto is 20 grams or less of net carbs, no sugar, no processed foods, and no snacking (not eat all day off and on… that will cause you trouble and you won’t lose weight(. Eat enough calories at your meals so that you are not hungry! Eat proteins and healthy fats -start out with 3 meals a day and try to have at least a 12 hour window from supper to breakfast where you have no food. This will allow your body to not have as many insulin spikes, and then your body will use the fat you have and start burning that for fuel, causing you to lose weight =). Make sure you are eating enough at each of your three meals so that you don’t feel hungry in between =).

cronometer.com is a good free app you can use to keep track. You can make a free account on their website and just log in to it daily if you don’t have a phone to get apps on (I don’t and I just log in on my computer daily to type in my foods and keep track).

It is important for you to eat enough food, but get these calories from proteins and healthy fats, and keep your carbs at 20 grams or less =). Don’t worry about calories at this point. It is important to eat enough foods so that you are not hungry between your breakfast, lunch, supper and through the evening.

Also, make sure to drink enough water and Electrolytes so that you don’t become dehydrated or low in sodium/salt.

You can do this =)). It is a bit difficult at the very beginning, but once you get in the swing of things, you will do great =).

Susan gave you some great advice, but I just want to emphasize what she said about meals and eating window since that the part of your post quoted above is in direct contrast: you definitely DO NOT want to eat all day off and on. Eat meals that keep you satisfied until the next meal. Start with three meals (within no more than 12 hours) and move to two if/when you can. You need fewer insulin spikes if you want to lose weight.

(hottie turned hag) #4

Erm…:crazy_face:
ignore her.

Read here instead.

(Jane Srygley) #5

Hi William! There are keto macro calculators online. A lot of people will “eat to satiety,” but I don’t feel satisfied at all unless I’m eating meat protein of some kind. I also make sure that I eat at least 1600 calories per day, not that this is difficult for me LOL. But yeah keto is NOT about starvation, so it is important to find out what your macros are IMHO. There are lots of resources online to help you educate yourself. Dr. Berg and Thomas Delauer are good ones to listen to, and I’m a huge fan of Dr. Jason Fung, but he’s more of a fasting guy than a keto guy. Good luck!