Eating out?

(I like to post memes!) #1

What about a topic under Food about how to order when eating out? This might be covered in What did I eat today? But could also cover how to make special requests.

Butter vs margarine
Burger with no bun, all condiments on the side

What to order at burger joint, bbq joint, chinese, greek . . . etc

(Becky) #2

Yes, great topic! I look forward to learn what others order.

I find that I often have to say my order, pause, wait for the fast food clerk to repeat it back to me incredulously, confirm with a smile in my voice, yes, just the meat or just the meat and cheese, yes, no bun…lol

Mcdonalds: 2 for $2.50 double cheeseburgers, plain, no bun, no ketchup or 2 $1.00 quarter pounder patties, no bread, no ketchup, Diet Coke or water
And two packs of mayo

Breakfast sausage patty with round egg, no bread, large coffee 12 creams

Mexican restaurant: “hold the chips, please”. Scrambled eggs, chorizo, cheese, poblano peppers and onions. Or fajitas, no tortillas

Bar food spots: “Is flour used to coat the buffalo wings?” Or I am allergic to flour is it used on the wings? Buffalo wings, salad with blue cheese dressing, "can you just check that there is no flour or sugar on the wings or the sauce, please?

Diners: Greet the server with a smile, and say “no bread please” this usually is received graciously and will often prompt the server to let me know if something might be breaded or have breadcrumbs. Bacon, cheeseburger, no bun, broccoli sautéed with extra butter and of course, steak with grilled veggies and extra butter.

Local Latin restaurants, pork chops and avocado, chicken leg and thigh, salad and avocado, Pernil (roast pork) with the skin, chichoron (deep fried pork belly), ribs

(Danielle) #3

We enjoy eating out for breakfast and a common phrase is “no toast with a side of bacon”

(Richard Morris) #4

Sure here ya go - it’s a WIKI so anyone can add to it

(I like to post memes!) #5

:hat: rocks! Thank you!