Eating Out On A Budget by Zorn

(fitnsgrl7) #42

Joke? That i dont eat fast food ?? Its not a joke!

(roxanna) #43

No, not at all - I was referring to the article claiming there are body parts of children in McDonaldā€™s meat.

(fitnsgrl7) #44

Ive read other articles on this stuff too, but like I said i dont know if this is real or not. Who knows anymoreā€¦ but no fast food for meā€¦ :smiley:

(Dustin Cade) #45

they do not serve pancakes, they do have waffle batter, though you can normally see them cook everything, they use real eggs and do not mix anything in with themā€¦ WaffleHouse is cheap, but its not badā€¦ bacon, sausage, eggsā€¦ legit

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #46

@fitnsgrl7

Your posts are hideously inappropriate. This forum is about the ketogenic diet. This TOPIC is about eating out on a budget. I find your fear mongering of McDonaldā€™s rude. You need to leave this topic, and remember where you are. We donā€™t insult otherā€™s food choices in this forum.
I flagged your ā€œhuman meat in McDonaldā€™s hamburgersā€ article. It was pure garbage.

This forum is science based.

(fitnsgrl7) #47

Brenda,
Youā€™re right, I apologize for posting this gross articleā€¦my bad! :slight_smile: Wont happen again.

(Richard Morris) #48

McDonaldā€™s beef patties in Australia are Australian beef, salt and pepper. Nothing else.

Itā€™s the cheapest beef they can buy of course, so it comes from feed lot animals who have a pretty awful life of eating toasted muesli and no exercise. Itā€™s not fancy grass fed beef but itā€™s 95% as good as the best hamburger meat in terms of its health benefits.

That story about human flesh in McDonaldā€™s patties is hysterical vegan conspiracy propaganda that originates from a link-bait site that no longer has the nerve to publish that story anymore.

That is why I let the flag stand and removed the post.

Itā€™s funny but I also have started going occasionally where I hadnā€™t been for years. I donā€™t have one near me but the town I go to about an hour away has one so when I am there I usually partake now. Downside is that it is a lot pricier in France. Upside was that I got a great green salad instead of fries last time.

You know what else? Isnā€™t it great that we CAN use the most popular and prevelant fast food place in the world to get a keto-compliant fast food meal. I call that a big fat win.

Tom Naughton did an excellent job exposing some of the dangers of biased-thinking and blaming the wrong people in the obesity and diabetes epidemic with his EXCELLENT movie Fathead:

It is a must-see for ketonians, I think. He was able to turn his health markers around eating at fast food chains.

The first step in solving the problem is understanding the root cause - Tom did a great job with this.

(Dustin Cade) #52

one thing i loved about the fat head documentary was he debunked and provided me info about the ā€œsuper size meā€ documentary i watched so many years agoā€¦ i didnā€™t eat McDonalds for a long long time after thatā€¦ still do not really eat there, not really for any real reason as when we go out to dinner its to a sit down place, i buy frozen burgers in 8lb boxes so we have easy burgers at homeā€¦ and anymore we are not that hungry out and about, nothing a coffee and HC canā€™t fixā€¦ i like that it is something i can get if i really need itā€¦ my go to fast food was always taco bellā€¦ those 1$ beefy crunch burritos were my jamā€¦ i think eating on the cheap is made easier by not really needing to eat outā€¦

this is the keyā€¦knowledge is power

when we have knowledge, we get the power to make profound changes in our life

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #54

@Fiorella
I love you man.

This was definitely worth one of my limited likes since @Fiorella really does a great job!

Iā€™ll add that with the McDonalds All-Day Breakfast Menu, Iā€™ll get 2 sausage and egg biscuits and give the biscuits to someone else if it confuses the staff too much to leave them off. :laughing:

(Dustin Cade) #56

though iā€™d rather not be chargedā€¦ if they had a ā€œProtein Styleā€ option where they just knew to leave the bun or biscuits off and had a different price scaleā€¦ but that may be asking too muchā€¦ maybe wishful thinking?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #57

My McDickā€™s does this for quarter pounders, 1.29 per patty. Otherwise the sandwich is nearly $3!

I never ordered breakfast food yet. No doubt theyā€™d Ala Carte the proteins for me at a good price

(Dustin Cade) #58

@brenda Iā€™ve not stopped at Mc Donalds for food since the day before i went full ketoā€¦ though i did order a couple mcdoubles with no bun, they put them in salad containersā€¦ Friday i am driving from Indianapolis to Chicago by my self to see a concert and driving backā€¦ I think iā€™ll drop in to a McDonalds on the way home and get some eggs, sausage and cheese, see how smooth or frustrating it isā€¦

(James storie) #59

Haha, I have a funny story. I once ordered a susage and egg mcmuffin without the muffin. The staff was so confused by the fact that I didnā€™t want the muffin, they gave me sausage and egg biscuits instead! A completely different type of egg! I just laughed and started over!

(James storie) #60

Iā€™m going to have to ask about this the next time. When I order the breakfast items separate, I get charged differently every time

(Becky) #61

I have to admit, I was snobbish about going to McDs before Keto. Iā€™m lucky to have lots of local, affordable, ethnic restaurants to choose from where I can have a hot meal for the price of McDs meal deal.

However, when I started Keto, those same restaurants became a little ā€œdangerousā€ with lots of tempting carb options. From the first time I ordered my 2 for 2.50 mcdouble, plain, no bread, and received freshly cooked patties, hot and juicy without any other temptation I have been grateful to have a quick, easy, affordable Keto option.

I did have a close call tonight. I ordered a Diet Coke with my meal and about four sips later realized it tasted different. I looked at the receipt and it read ā€œcokeā€. I tested my blood sugar and it hadnā€™t spiked, but I threw out the soda anyhow. If it was regular coke, that is my first hit of pure carb since August. I am a little nervous. Time to give up the diet drinks!