Eating Out On A Budget by Zorn

(Henna Selnes) #21

No McDonald’s here,(there is but getting new construction work, so closed) but I will go to Burger King and ask for the burger salat. The whole burger all the extras that go on it set in a bowl of lettuce. That for any sandwich that is chosen.

(Becky) #22

Whoops! I just looked and didn’t see any Keto friendly apps at TGIF. Sorry, I hadn’t been there, but had “heard” from a relative that it was an option. I’ll be sure to check before posting next time.

(Dustin Cade) #23

No worries, always on the look out for places we can go out to eat… sometimes you just want to not have to cook or be at home… going out to eat options are limited… not fast food burger joints, steak houses, seafood is an options, breakfast places, just have to ensure they use real eggs and halfway decent quality bacon, sausage and such…

(Becky) #24

Yes, I agree. The choices for where to go can sometimes feel limited on Keto. Two other types of places I have been to and can vouch for…lol…are Latin restaurants and Irish pubs. I live in New York, so we are fortunate to have lots of ethnic choices. We have Dominican, Puerto Rican, Mexican, etc. I generally eat pernil, roast pork, or chuletas, pork chops, ribs, or steak with veggies or salad. Lunch specials average 6 or 7 bucks and dinner portions, 10 bucks. Irish pubs often have early bird specials for about 11 dollars.

(Dustin Cade) #25

Yeah I forgot about our local Mexican place, they make great fajitas, we order just the meat and veggies… We get the chicken, beef, chorizo and shrimp… so delicious… might be a bit higher in carbs but it’s like once every two months, so it’s worth the few extra carbs… just getting out of the house for dinner is nice!

(Becky) #26

Yum! Fajitas! On the breakfast side of the menu they have chorizo scrambled in eggs, I order it with their white cheese. They will often agree to serve it for lunch or dinner.

(Becky) #27

Pico de gallo, guac, grilled chicken breast, white cheddar cheese and romaine, on the McD’s burgers by design. Use the app and it’s buy one get one free, equaling two nice chicken breasts, with nice toppings for about 5 bucks.

This is great info. Thanks.

Source? I wonder if McD’s gets a bad rep in much the same way fat and eggs has been given a bad rep. Better McD’s than chicken at Subway I think.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/02/28/study-finds-subways-chicken-only-contains-about-50-percent-chicken-dna.html

I have a 4 year old grandson in the house that will only eat chicken nuggets from McDonalds while we are away from the house. I have never had a problem with McDonald’s hamburgers (now that I leave the buns and french fries alone).

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #30

Yep. I’ve researched McDonald’s ground beef. It’s 100% beef, no fillers. These same rumours about McDonald’s normally include claims of "plastic"hydrogenated cheese.

The cheese is actual all dairy real cheese. I carefully researched this as well. Why? Because I needed to know if either contained carbohydrate and so researched their food ingredients. Would McDonald’s publish a false ingredient listing? Hell no. It’s a multi million dollar corporation. They are forced to be honest or we’d hold them accountable.

Oh. And the “pink slime”? That is ground up and extruded chicken that is then shaped and formed. It’s no secret. No one ever claimed they were whole meat chicken tenders. Lol. So be sure and never eat a hot dog or sausage. They’re made the same way. SMDH

Dirty rotten scoundrels…

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #32

NOPE.

Fucking Assholes

I know! We have a brand new Denny’s here, but I haven’t gone…yet. I will definitely avoid scrambled eggs.

(John) #34

They have a make your own thing which is pretty good, you choose 5? things, double eggs, double bacon and sausage, double all of em for like a buck.

(Dustin Cade) #35

@Brenda IHOP does this for their omelettes… asking them to use regular eggs is a hassle…

@Kyz I had dennys in Dallas a couple months ago I just asked for real eggs, I’m hooked on over easy eggs right now, that would be a sure fire way…

I prefer scrambled usually, but I’m not sure I’d trust them not to forget to use real eggs. I really don’t like runny yolks.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #37

A friend recently told me about “cheesy eggs” at Waffle House. Will have to check and see if they do the stupid pancake batter trick, and if not, give those a try. Sounds tasty.

(Jo Lo) #38

I’ve researched McDs enough to know that their bathrooms are acceptable while travelling.

(Henna Selnes) #39

kyz,I am in Norway, but I am sure they will do this anywhere. Just ask, can’t hurt. :thinking::smiley:

(roxanna) #41

Is this a joke? I’m confused. (And by this I mean your post, not the article which is clearly a joke.)