Eating Non-Stop

Today it’s like I have a tapeworm… I’ve been eating like I’m going to the chair all day! All Keto friendly food but SHEESH… my appetite is endless today. Has this happened to you guys? How the heck do I turn it off? :joy: I’m not even hungry! In fact I’m borderline miserable. I can’t stop eating! typing this as I stuff my face with peanut butter cookies :weary:

I’m exactly this way today. I don’t even know why because 1) it should be the time of month that I’m LEAST hungry, and 2) I ate a ton yesterday, so I should be less hungry today.

It’s SO bizarre! And I don’t get “that time” issues much anymore… this old gal is turnin’ the corner! :rofl: Unless it’s phantom PMS… :thinking:

I don’t know you situation might be different but …

Are you generally eating enough?

Before keto I would generally “eat less, move more” but biochemistry wins, your body will eventually get what it wants and make up for lost time.

Then on keto some bad habits, like food restriction, still prevailed - then on somedays I would just eat and eat like there was no tomorrow.

Now I endeavour to keep all my calories up to at least 1600-1800 as my minimal value (I’m a middle aged, now young again, man), and 2000-2200 as my high end. But I know if I go a few days at 1300 I’ll, stop losing weight, and build up a massive appetite.

(John) #5

Just stop eating. Allow yourself to be hungry.

(Anne Brodie) #6

I certainly have and felt awful about it. Out of control. To stop in the moment I set a time limit (like two hours) and tell myself I can’t eat anything else until at least then. And my rule is whenever I do eat again, do not have anything treaty the rest of the day. No bars, cookies, nut butter, etc. After the two hours I can eat all the eggs and bacon I want if I still really want to eat, but I usually don’t want more of those by then.

Initially I almost couldn’t stand it for 45 minutes and then almost suddenly the drive eases. As I’ve done it more, the time it takes has gotten shorter and it happens less frequently.

To help avoid, I’ve added more fat (without sweetness) to my meals. Butter on my eggs even when having with bacon for example. I am pretty sure I was not eating enough calories as this has helped a lot.

SO YES! It has happened and still does sometimes so I am following to see what has worked for others.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

As long as I’m eating well, I don’t worry about the hungry days, or the not-very-hungry days, either, for that matter. Even if I don’t know what’s going on with my appetite, my body does, so I let it tell me what to do.

ETA: When I hear something whisper, “Go buy and eat three dozen of Krispy Kreme’s best,” I know that’s not my body, so I try very hard not to listen. When I hear, “Eat some steak,” that’s my body talking.

You would be surprised at what can happen with menopause with this WOE. Your body is releasing fat stores, which hold stored estrogen. I had been menopausal for over a year and within a month of starting keto, BAM. I would think that even if you dont get a period, your body is just adjusting to a surge of estrogen that is being released, causing symptoms that are associated (bloating, cravings, etc.)

(Michelle) #10

Exactly what I was going to say. Even if you don’t have ovaries ticking away, you do have hormone surges if you’re losing fat (you can lose fat while the scale isn’t moving by the way) and those surges do all the same stuff as PMS. Without looking at the calendar I can tell when I’m in PMS because I want to eat constantly. Sweet stuff. So I end up with several cups of hot spiced chai with cream and a bit of stevia. Or mixed nuts. It’s hard to control myself.