Ease of transmission demonstration (COVID-19)

(Peter) #1

https://twitter.com/LaurelCoons/status/1260266845136998400

How Easily COVID19 Can Spread At A Buffet:

Invisible fluorescent paint was applied to the hands of 1 person (infected)

10 people served themselves at a buffet, featured various dishes and utensils

After 30 minutes most had paint on their hands, 3 had paint on their face

(Jane) #2

Do you really believe only COVID spreads like this???

We are inundated with viruses and bacteria every day on a constant basis. Our immune systems handle most without a single tweet or news report.

The weaker among us have always been at a higher risk. For everything. Heart attack, cancer, infection, etc. The same medical system that keeps them alive has been crippled due to fear.

Always a trade off. Never fair.

I can’t see where @petert made that claim :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(Bunny) #4

I agree,

…And if you live down yonder by a pond or water hole, lake, creek, river etc. there are billions of different viruses including bacteria in the water that do no harm to us.

This particular virus (COVID-19) is part of the microbiome on the skin of a bat which is obviously intended to protect it from predators.

(Peter) #5

How about you don’t ask questions about things I haven’t said, just so you can have a straw man to knock down? I know it makes things more difficult if you can’t define both sides of an argument, but it’s more intellectually honest.

As it says: “A VIRUS”

COVID-19 is A VIRUS

This is not difficult stuff. It’s an illustration about how easily viruses (of which COVID-19 is one) can spread. How is this confusing?

Wild guess here is that they get no air time because … our immune systems handle them. Amazing.

Always with the irrelevant misdirection. So what if that’s what it was intended to do? How does that change the reality of what it’s doing to humans?

(Bunny) #6

We have seen this video before.

Thank you for your expert knowledge on the subject.

Anytime I need expert advice I will consult only you!

(Ron) #7

I don’t see that happening as you present yourself as expert of all and not open to advice so I don’t see the point of that statement.
@petert - thanks for the video. Guess I missed it the first time, heaven forbid.

(bulkbiker) #8

You obviously didn’t read the title that Peter chose then…

I did…I still don’t see the word ‘only’.

(Bunny) #10

Well, then, let me clarify the missed point to improve your defective comprehension levels:

I’m no expert on anything nor claim to be, I’m simply curious about many things and learn from reading and experience, when I see something wrong or happen to know something or maybe more about a particular subject than other people commenting I simply communicate that, yet to see anyone more knowledgeable on things I’m interested in than myself to get advice from because they know as much as I do or not enough or nothing about what they claim to know about?

(Polly) #12

These are the community guidelines.

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/guidelines

The first rule of which seems to be to keep our conversations civil. Well worth a read!

(Doug) #13

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMicm1501197?fbclid=IwAR2j1F_Q2cZfzU75ysgT8wInQH-HOTeyJqzM1m08WFyTET9rEarx43h1LmU

This is a pretty good scientific look at a sneeze.

The largest droplets rapidly settle within 1 to 2 m away from the person. The smaller and evaporating droplets are trapped in the turbulent puff cloud, remain suspended, and, over the course of seconds to a few minutes, can travel the dimensions of a room and land up to 6 to 8 m away.

RestaurantCovid19

Diagram of infection in a restaurant, found by contact-tracing. A1 infected 9 other people.

closed #14