Dr. Shawn Baker's Bloodwork

(CharleyD) #21

This is my concern as well. Taekwondo is pretty glycolytic even as easy as I try to take it coming back into it in my 40s. I’d prefer to fuel with the least amount of carbs, but I’m ok bumping it up a tad tactically.

This is the part that I’m wondering about too. I understand the possible mechanisms behind glucose-sparing, and he’s obviously very insulin sensitive - but I do wonder whether having chronically elevated blood sugars wouldn’t be bad for … I don’t know, everything?

[obviously it’s not necessarily bad, since he seems to be doing just fine :slight_smile: but having all of your cells swimming in a high(-ish) sugar bath doesn’t seem like a great thing long-term]

His post-prandial numbers barely fluctuate, but some of his fasting numbers are pretty high (127).

[Disclaimer: I’m only halfway through the R Wolf podcast, so I don’t have full info…]

I was hoping that my fasting readings would drop on ZC.
They haven’t yet.
Hey ho.

(Bunny) #25

One thing that is interesting to note according to the Weston Price Foundation is that the highest concentrations of Vitimin K is found in the pancreas and saliva glands (besides gut flora fermentation factors K2) but when it passes over to the blood circulation it gets flushed out really fast because of glucose and other factors. The compound is all over the place in the body just seems to be absorption variable dependent!

Another interesting thing; Price being a dentist was able to reverse (in pill form over 12 months) 12 cavities of a young girl using vitamin K he extracted from animal ofal or organ meats eating chlorophyll rich grass and mixing it with cod liver oil over a 12 month period…

The other one was how he took samples of saliva from some one who did not have cavities and some one who did and mix his Activator X (vitamin K) in a bone meal solution with phosphorus and watch the sample he took from the one who did have cavities being repelled in the opposite direction of the phosphorus vitamin K bone meal solution and attracted to the one who did not have cavities!

I think it was possibly a low sugar diet vs. high sugar diet etc…?

Self Experiment:

Same thing can be done (but faster) with trisodium phosphate (Na₅P₃O₁₀ ) 2 Tsp. and 1 Tsp. of baking soda to some water and swishing it for 15 minutes. Reverses cavities, increases tooth enamel thickness and tightens up loose teeth!

I always wondered if the Vitamin K in the saliva gland secretions is interacting with the trisodium phosphate; doing this swish?

(L. Amber O'Hearn) #26

Thanks for listening! I’ve not heard of these carnivore lean eaters. Bizarre. It’s not the way we did it in the bad old days. :slight_smile:

(Kel Ta) #28

It makes me think of this article that explores the topic the higher the blood sugar the greater likelihood for cognitive decline. - but again all of this research is normed on SAD dieters so it may not be generalizable…
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2018/01/the-startling-link-between-sugar-and-alzheimers/551528/

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #29

The carnivore who advocates or prefers lean cuts of meat, from what I’ve seen for several months now are in the minority. I’ve read that some don’t do rendered fats well (texture issues I think), but again, they’re in the minority.

My theory is that his training style utilize mostly fast twitch muscles that can only run on glucose.As result he have large muscle mass of mostly fast twitch muscle fibers.

High fast twitch muscle mass = high glucose needs = high blood glucose?

It would be interesting to compare carnivore powerlifters/sprinters ( fast twitch ) with carnivore distance runners ( slow twitch) at same muscle mass.

I think the fast twitch athletes,especialy those with large muscles will have higher fasting blood glucose.Is there some study about this?

(Elizabeth ) #31

I don’t have the link here right now but dr. Shawn Baker discusses this at length with Rob Bell in a podcast if you can find it.

(Chris) #32

Robb Wolf Paleo Solution Podcast and Mark Bell’s Power Project.