Dr Paul Saladino - Metabolic health, Organ meat, Evolutionary Programming

(KM) #21

Yes, my absolute biggest disappointment with goat, at least Jamaican style, all those bits of bone.

I spent time on a farm as a kid and those pastured chickens and pigs, freshly slaughtered … Had I not participated in the process I would not have recognized the meat as anything I knew. Same with the cow-fresh milk and cream. Soooo good.

(Eve) #22

I hadn’t realised that what you have all been calling seed oils are the vegetable oils. And so that makes more sense, plus the explanations of why they are not healthy - thankyou Paul for the information. I only use olive oil and coconut oil as well as butter and ghee, but will decrease the 2 oils and use more butter and lard.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #23

Sorry—that’s what the industry that makes them calls them. “Vegetable” oil is a marketing term. Nina Teicholz describes the manufacturing process in The Big Fat Surprise and in several lectures available on YouTube, and if you look at a seed oil refinery from the outside, it is indistinguishable from a petroleum refinery (and uses similar processes).

Rather than post the image again, this post in the Humour thread will give you the idea:

Why is it called vegetable oil when they aren’t from vegetables…?
We don’t have such an odd term in Hungarian… (But don’t worry, we have many other odd, incorrect terms… My “fav” is chicken thigh for the drumstick. That’s the “bottom thigh” here, apparently… The two together is thigh too. “Leg” is the part below them with no meat, we don’t have a word for chicken foot, leg has a “foot” meaning too. But English call various cuts some kind of butt, that was very confusing too.)

(Alec) #25

Marketing: vegetables have a health halo.

This labelling really makes me laugh now. I now know that vegetables are terrible for your health, and so are seed oils, so the labelling is highly appropriate. :joy::joy::joy: