Dr Eric Berg?

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #22

Sorry. Deleted my post.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #23

Let’s stay focused on Dr. Berg and not go down the anti-vaccination rabbit hole. I realize it’s one of his platforms but it doesn’t pertain to the ketogenic diet. Let’s not debate vaccinations and/or the people on either side of it.

(PJ) #24

You know… I don’t have a problem with those tests. Body-response test means “muscle testing.” I’ve seen very impressive results with muscle testing.

Everybody here should know there are a lot of things that modern medicine does not even have any means of testing. Sometimes, they have a partial means, and suck when they do. (I know people who bleed from the gut when they eat gluten, but some tiny piece of intestine does not have fully atrophied villi YET so the doc assures them they MUST continue ingesting whole grains.) (PS Low-carb is a fad diet that’s bad for you!)

As for “so he could sell supplements” that’s a supposition, maybe, but sometimes people sell supps because some of the things they have are distinct. His wheatgrass juice powder for example is not the same as wheatgrass powder (which is mostly fiber).

But historically and still, anybody not following the status quo – eat carbs, take statins – is someone that authorities in that field will go to great lengths to persecute. In some medical areas, they will literally visit every patient someone has and try to get them to agree to nearly anything bad they can use against someone, even total lies, and only videotaping part of the doctor visit with inform and consent can protect the doctor from the lies.

People today may think that burning books and taking axes to things in the street and even worse is something only of the FDA’s past, or that all the mysterious fires that wipe out small labs or clinics were merely accident and not a historical M.O., but I don’t think our situation has changed as much as we think.

If I want a doc who muscle tests me for what dose of wheat grass juice powder I should be taking if any, instead of pharmaceutical drugs, then F— the powers that be who would rather see me die off one limb at a time through the “unavoidably progressive disease of diabetes with no cure.” This particular thing against him does not put me off him at all.

There are things which could and can, that just doesn’t happen to be on the list.

PJ

(Karen) #25

Thanks, I appreciate your comments however I think what I was saying is that many of our keto experts have careers other than medical doctor.

(Joey) #26

OPEN REQUEST TO FORUM ADMIN / MODERATOR:

As the initiator of this thread, may I suggest we put a final pin in this topic and close it off?

I’d originally asked if anyone had heard of Dr Berg’s issues with the VA Medical Board from over a decade ago, not realizing that many had. Clearly, there are a range of strongly-held opinions about him and his practice. There are also many members of this forum who are appreciative of his efforts, having benefited from his keto-related online videos.

My intent was not to create a topic to invite hard feelings, nor was it to encourage ad hominem critiques of Dr Berg. I’m now growing concerned that if we continue down this path, we may be headed in that direction.

In asking an Admin to close this topic off, I also offer my apologizes if this discussion has cast more heat than light on the topic.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) closed #27