Dr. Cywes-Vegetables

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #21

I figured they made annual pilgrimages to the Himalayas…

It was all white back then. It was their bloody feet that turned it pink… :grin:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #22

:rofl::rofl::rofl: :+1:

(Vic) #23

Plenty of salt in seawater.

(Linda ) #24

I dont get raw veges is what he meant…what I get from him is often we change vegetables structure and make them sweet for deserts think pumpkin pie or carrots add milk or cheese sauces to cauliflower and mash it …others make shakes from veges from what I took from it is eat vegetables aa they are grown. If you start breaking down the structure of plants they no longer act the same in digestion.he is not big on adding sauces to dishes meat or otherwise.

Exactly! Rare commodity.

It’s difficult to believe people could just be nomads and finding daily salt enough to get 12 g of sodium (how many grams of salt is that?!) from it.

The animals we’d supposedly follow AND compete against for a lick of salt are often territorial, physically stronger than us.

As for salt in seawater, it needs processing. You can’t drink seawater. Try getting 12g daily sodium from it. There’s also no evidence we only moved along the coast.

I always saw 12g salt/5g sodium but it’s still a big amount indeed… It’s good most(?) of us don’t need nearly that much…

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #27

Fortunately, the healthy range of intake is 4-6 g/day of sodium, which translates into 10-15 grams of sodium chloride.

Like our ancestors, the animals they hunted didn’t spend all their time at the salt lick. Any one who needed salt could find a time when the lick wasn’t being guarded by “territorial, physically stronger” animals. Also, people eating a plant-free diet seem to have very little need for added salt. They appear to get enough from the meat they eat. There is some information about that on our Carnivore forum.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #28

@Corals No need to wonder where our ancestors got their daily salt. Salt ‘licks’ were optional. Note, the child on the right of the photo is drinking a cup of blood:

The little lucky one!!! I only could get blood once in the last decades… (I think it was rabbit. I didn’t drink it, I ate it.) We don’t even have blood sausages without a lot of rice…
Too bad I can’t keep animals here though I would just keep hens for their eggs until they would die not by my hand. And a handsome rooster too, probably.
Mmmm, blood. I loved it as a kid. My grandmom kept chickens.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #30

Don’t know what the rules are in Hungary, but even in the U.S., a lot of urban areas allow residents to keep enough hens to provide a significant number of eggs. (Roosters not so much, as you might expect; the noise is an issue in congested areas.) My current property came complete with chicken coop, and I’d like to start keeping hens, but we also have a fox that would need to be prevented from getting into the henhouse!

Even when I was strict I didn’t really care about how many veggies I ate, never caused anything negative vs when I barely ate them at all. As long as the carbs where from keto ok stuff it didn’t seem to matter.

I’m lucky that when I started all these self proclaimed youtube keto guru’s weren’t around making simple things complicated.

It’s allowed, sure but I have no proper place for them (I mean, some big enough flat area). The rooster would be okay, I live 3.5 km from the nearest village, on a hill.
Foxes are plenty here. Our oldest cat attacks the ones who step on the terrace…

That I can understand. So, if you drink blood, you don’t need salt?

I was just writing on the carnivore thread that I used to eat a lot of blood when I was a child. Cooked, though.