Donald Trump and scores

(ianrobo) #1

Right, this is not about the politics but how his recent tests are being reported. So lets keep it that. As we know the whole fat phobia came from Eisenhower’s heart attacks so this does change.

What we do know about trump is his diet is frankly crap. Whilst he drinks loads of diet coke’s etc his diet is very restricted to fast food and of course while on the surface this is a lot of meat, it is usually fried in vegetable oils then covered in crap stuff for KFC or buns etc for McD’s

So we had this tweet from NYT

_NYT Politics‏Verified account @nytpolitics · 21m21 minutes ago _

Independent cardiologists said President Trump’s high LDL cholesterol level suggests he is not in “excellent” cardiac health, as his doctor put it

good old cholresterol eh ? and in the accompanying article -

they guess what ? he has been prescribed crestor !! You can see the problem here ??

So you then have the following which is backed by no evidence at all, this kind of thing makes statins more popular.

He noted that a man who recently started taking a statin and who had an LDL over 200 for most of his life is at much higher risk than someone whose LDL was normal until recently and who then started taking a statin.

then we had this

Dr. Sanjay Gupta, the chief medical correspondent for CNN, repeatedly expressed concern on Wednesday about test results that showed Mr. Trump’s coronary calcium score had increased to 133, from 34 in 2009. On CNN, Dr. Gupta repeatedly showed a chart suggesting that levels above 100 indicate someone with heart disease.

That helped spark a flurry of activity on Twitter, where people debated whether the president officially had heart disease, based on the lab results released by Dr. Jackson and his comments to reporters.

Dr. Topol and the other cardiologists contacted Wednesday disagreed with Dr. Gupta about the calcium test, which measures the amount of plaque containing calcium in a person’s blood. Higher numbers indicate the development of coronary artery disease, which could lead to dangerous blockages in the heart.

Blockquote

which at least is the better marker of good heart health but clearly some disagreements here …

what does really worry me is this continual looking at LDL etc

(Richard Hanson) #2

LDL … who cares. Truth is I just don’t care, but if I did care I would want to know his TRY/HDL ratio.

Keto for Life!

Best Regards,
Richard

(ianrobo) #3

Indeed I would be fascinated at that given his reported diet !! Because no doubt many would blame the meat !!! Already seen some vegans on twitter say that :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Richard Hanson) #4

Most people eat meat so there is a strong association between eating animals and heart disease. There is a stronger association between drinking water and heart disease, but pointing that out does not further the vegan faith.

Keto for Life!

Best Regards,
Richard

(ianrobo) #5

Haha that’s an excellent analogy ! Thank you !!

(KCKO, KCFO) #6

The calcium score tells the story, his heart arteries are not in a healthy state, that is a lot of progress in a little amount of time.

I’m going to mute this convo so that name doesn’t pop up in here again for me. This is my refuge from all the insanity out there.

(ianrobo) #7

ha ha but it is an issue regardless if Trump, Clinton, Obama, Bushes etc that the US president has this as inevitably it messes up the health stories and you know what they will say !