Do you track your food? Need advice as a whole

(Crystal Michelle) #1

Just curious how many of you track weigh and log your food.

My 60 days is this coming Thursday. I have been strict keto and logged and weighed everything. I have come to find out I love this woe, and will continue it but… there are a few things that I don’t like (with anything else) Some Days I get super dizzy… like my equilibrium is off. Not sure if this woe is a connection but it really bothers me. Like yesterday (in Texas it’s hot af) and it was 96 all day… we had baseball and two games that day then a pool party after. Twice yesterday I got so dizzy it felt like the world was crooked. Then my bp spiked to 137/96. I can’t help but think that heat just was to much for how much food and water I had consumed or lack there of…

I am losing weight, i am in ketosis my blood numbers are .8-1.8 most days and I am fat adapted.

I just feel like I need more food… I’m not hungry, but I don’t have this energy people speak of, I just feel “off” and weak. Should I go more “lazy” and see how I do?

Please don’t bash me, i would just like to hear of others experience and if anyone else has felt like this. And if I’m going crazy. Yes i get my electrolytes in and water and salt and have had my blood work done, For some reason I just don’t think my body energy wise is reacting to this woe the way it’s suppose to.

(Jay AM) #2

Can you provide us your stats like exercise, height, weight, age, health problems and medications? And also your average daily macros, calorie, and electrolyte intake. Those of us that like to look at other people’s stats will use the information to provide some advice and help you adjust things.

(Crystal Michelle) #3

Haven’t been working out because I don’t feel like I have the energy to do so. I have been getting my 10,000 steps in a day though.

I’m 35- 5’8- and 175lbs now :raised_hands:t3:

Posting stats of food below.

No medication.

High Chol (hereditary) and Pre Dieb (again hereditary)

I have a heart arrhythmia from time to time (where it flutters it skips a beat) but nothing to where I have to take medication which triggers anxiety disorder.

(Crystal Michelle) #4

(LeeAnn Brooks) #5

Correct me if I’m wrong, but those show your goals, right? Not your actual consumption?

How close do you come to these typically?

(Candy Lind) #6

I would say your dizziness could be caused by dehydration or low BP (which could be caused by dehydration and lack of salt, creating low blood volume). Did you notice increased heart rate? Your heart has to work harder to get the blood around if there’s not enough volume.

ADD SALT. It will help the dizziness and generalized weakness you are describing. I suggest if you have to be out in the heat, take a 1g salt pill and take along keto-aide to drink instead of straight water. Stay hydrated and make sure you have enough salt in your system. The salt will help you retain some water instead of sweating it all out. It will also help your blood volume. If you are out an entire day as you described in OP, I would repeat the salt pill in the afternoon. You need to become more aware of your salt intake as a whole, and try to consume 4-5 grams per day. This is one place folks can fall way behind at first and get in to trouble.

I personally don’t think anyone should log/count calories when they begin keto. It screwed me up for 6 months or more because I was CONVINCED I couldn’t lose weight if I ate as many calories as all those keto calculators told me to eat. We are brainwashed with CICO and tend to stick with what we know - even though it wasn’t working - instead of trusting the system. Eat less than 20 grams of carbs, moderate protein, fat to satiety. I think you could decrease your protein (I could, too, as a matter of fact. I’m a year in, and I still eat more protein than I really should. I promise to do better!), or use a range to make it easier - say, 60-75 per day, sometimes higher, sometimes lower - which is basically two good palm-sized portions with some wiggle room for protein in dairy products, condiments and veggies. I hope I don’t have to tell you to add fat to all your proteins and veggies! Maybe log for a week or so until your comfortable that you’re choosing appropriate protein servings, then stop logging and go “lazy.” Once you stop losing and are stuck for longer than a couple of weeks, you can tweak your macros and see if you can get things going again (with which we are happy to help). Does that sound doable?

KCKO

(Crystal Michelle) #7

I hit these daily.

(Chris W) #8

Your stats look good, almost spot on for my calculator.

Keep in mind the macros are a guide, they are getting you close but they are not a limitation. Being pre dibetic you will have more healing of your beta cells(insulin creators) than some people and probably some IR which means you will have wilder swings on your insulin. I would actually tell you to go to a higher protein level and not worry about weight loss at this time. Another thing is that you may need to consider the type of protein you taking in as well. You are going to want to be higher on the fish and omega-3’s if possible. I would if you think you need more food eat more food, as you progress this is the type of signal you need to listen too. My hunger signalling is still messed up, I have a hard time starting to eat and it will cause me problems if I don’t intake enough fat given I am currently under a very high amount of output right now.

Yes make sure you are getting salt, at least 1-2 teaspoons a day, if you sweat you loose more. Salt is really important don’t worry about over doing if your body does not need it will dump it.

(Troy) #9

Yes…
I had this as well
Totally understand

It was like the drunken stupor feeling. :flushed:
“ what way did he go “
Like a cartoon character sometimes

Like someone tied me to a hook and pulled me as I stood up :flushed:

Or those YT Videos…spin your friend head down around a stick, fast!!
Then watch him or her stumble. :joy:
Funny yes!!
“ you spin me round and round like a record baby “…I digress
No longer DEAD or ALIVE …:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

On a serious note, I’m sure I had some BP issues at that time , I did not check though
I was scared
Almost just went for a donut on several occasions

Solution —

SALT!:heart_eyes:

And Like @CandyLindTX said…major dehydration
…no shocker I’m sure to many here
NOT to sound like a broken record
I had no idea about salt and KETO

Within 1-2 days, the above pub crawl act and dance went away

This is the 1st time I’m sharing this here. What you said explained it perfectly
Thanks

Keep in mind. I never really had any other KETO symptoms or KETO flu
I eased in to KETO over time

Hope you get better
Sorry

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #10

You may find this advice helpful: