Do you lose inches before pounds

(Kellie) #1

Well I guess can you lose inches before pounds ? Scale isn’t budging much these days but I look thinner and when I measure Iv gone down an inch in the last couple weeks .

Sure–it is possible. You are probably gaining some muscle while you are losing fat. Don’t get discouraged–you’re doing great :slightly_smiling_face:
When you think of losing weight–that’s usually a symptom of looking better and feeling better, right?

good for you. That’s the ideal situation!

Why do you want to lose weight? If one of the reasons is that you want to be smaller and look better, then the inches are a much more direct measurement of how things are going.

(KetoQ) #4

Kellie –

Based on my experience, you can most definitely you lose inches before pounds.

I’ve lost only one pound in the last two weeks, but just last night my stomach felt smaller than it has been in a long time, I’m starting to see some definition in my shoulders and feeling my ribs like I haven’t in a long time as well. Even though I’ve been losing weight and exercising, these changes were actually a bit surprising.

There is certainly some body recomposition going on, and it is probably happening to you as well.

Good luck.

(Kellie) #5

Iv lost 30 pounds since April. I would like to at least lose 15 more. Iv lost about 5 inches on my waist- started at 34 now at 29 , legs started at 22 inches now at almost 19 , arms started at 13 now at 11. I know I should be happy with how far I have come and I am - I just want more lol

(Kellie) #6

Yeah my fat pack as I call it- basically my lower stomach right below the belly button - is the thing I hate the most and it’s not as big as it used to be like now it’s like a little bump instead of a full on cliff :joy: I know it will be the last to go for sure because that’s where I carry most of my weight

(KetoQ) #7

Kellie, you should watch this video, a bit long, but it talks about fat loss for women, and one of the things she talks about is the lower stomach fat – as where a lot of your estrogen is stored and is important for female hormonal balance.

In fact, she says women with six packs, tend to have more hormonal imbalances. So some of that belly fat for women can actually be a healthy thing. It’s just an interesting perspective about what is healthy.

Now, I can see how you want to be slim, but that little bit of belly fat that women have can actually make you look more womanly … to a man. I think some guys might think of it as a bit sexy. I do.

(Kellie) #8

I just want a flat stomach and a fat ass. Is that too much to ask for ? :joy:

(KetoQ) #9

I’m all for the fat ass :slight_smile:

I’m actually not suggesting you shouldn’t want more; I’m saying that pounds are not a good measurement for you at this point.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #11

@Ketokellie You know, I hate to break it to you, but you might just have to be satisfied with normal blood work, excellent lipids, a liver and other organs free of fat, insulin sensitivity, normal blood pressure, normal heart rate, calcium-free arteries, reduced neural plaque, mental clarity, increased energy and endurance, looking years younger, a terrific figure—and no weight loss . . . :grin: