Do you eventually stop losing weight

(Kellie) #1

Do you eventually stop losing weight on keto ? Just wondering , I know it slows down once your body is happy where you are at but I’m wondering if it completely stops at some point and you are just maintaining

(Frank) #3

I’m definitely slowing down. The closer to a healthy weight you get the harder it seems to go lower than that. Watch any video on these fitness models or bodybuilders. They will say that getting into the single digit body fat % is a full time job and very difficult to maintain if not impossible long term. There will always be outliers in any group but for the majority of people it would seem that the most benefit with the least effort is most desirable and sustainable. I’m certainly not going to work 25% harder or eat 25% less and end up having a 25% lower quality of life for 5% less body fat. This is a decision and a struggle that a lot of maintainers have I’m sure.

(Kellie) #4

This is so funny :joy:

"Do you eventually stop losing weight on keto ? ", well I guess we all did, otherwise we will have all disappeared and you would be talking to yourself.:wink:

(bulkbiker) #6

I did about 18 months ago… am now trying carnivore to see if I can get the last 30 or so pounds off. Quite annoying that the weight my body is obviously comfortable at doesn’t quite fit with what I want it to be…

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

Yes, we do. So many people focus on weight loss from keto, that we lose sight of something I got from these forums:

“Keto is not a weight-loss diet, but a weight-normalization diet.”

I think carnivore is the way to go, but don’t be shocked if you start to put on a bit of weight at first. But then you will lose it and more. This lady explains it all here.

(Kellie) #9

What’s carnivore ? Iv seen it around here but tell me more about it? Eating only meat or what ?

(KetoQ) #10

Getting to a point in my life where “enough is enough” when it comes to weight loss sounds like a delightful problem to have. That was just absolutely unthinkable for me less than 90 days ago – and now it can be a possibility in the next year. The difference is I feel like I can actually control my weight for the first time in my life.

But, alas, one day at a time. Lots more work to do. Just keep doing what I’m doing.

Listen to the podcast above your response, take the time it’s worth it.

(Duncan Kerridge) #12

That’s so true Paul, I’ve lost about 50lbs and stopped losing. I’ve been the same weight for about 8 months now. I feel normal weight now, I could lose more with some calorie restriction and fasting but it doesn’t seem worth the bother. I exercise a lot but it’s for fitness not weight. Keto’s given me a new (if slightly worn) body to play with.

(KCKO, KCFO) #13

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This a hundred times this.

I really don’t know anyone who has serious problem continuing to lose weight, might be some but none I know.

The closest are TOFIs who are diabetic and stay under 20 grams. My husband is like that, but he knows he can indulge in more good for him carbs if he goes below where he wants to be weight wise. He has an easy time staying where he wants to be now. He is controlling his diabetes with food and exercise, no meds, he stays around 5.9 and his dr. is happy with that. But I’m not so I keep tweaking our foods so he gets good carbs and not the bad ones to stay at goal weight.

(KCKO, KCFO) #14

No plant based foods, just animal products. Is true carnivore.

(Kellie) #15

Seems easy enough . Only plant I eat right now is avacado

(Maha) #16

I definitely seem to have normalized at about 15 lbs higher than my goal weight, and could maybe go lower, but as others have pointed out, it’s also about quality of life.

(Kellie) #17

That’s where I’m at 15 pounds above goal :joy:

(Susan) #18

Try a 48 hour or longer fast, that might help re-start your system =).