Do eggs/cheese make anyone else hungry(er)?

(Bob M) #21

Thanks. I will make this over the weekend, as my kids are going to camp and need breakfast. If I make in on Monday (it’s a holiday in the US), they could eat it during the week for breakfast.

Quiche is nice but not particularly meaty… Mine has no added fat (but extra yolks :)) and WAY less cheese. But I am an egg fan and usually dislike cheese in dishes (but there are nice exceptions. I still lower the cheese amount).

Meat and egg is scotch egg/stefania for me (the latter is about the same just in one big loaf, Mom made it for every big holiday despite it’s an easy dish and good for normal days), usually. Or meatballs but they are mostly meat with little egg. I don’t think I ever made or see a casserole… I am quite happy with my roasts and egg dishes most of the time. Quiche is my way to cook something simple my SO and I both are willing to eat, it’s not that easy nowadays… I do put some processed meat into my share, maybe I should try it with ground meat - but I would skip the dairy then as unnecessary…

I couldn’t try getting satiated by eggs and cheese today (more like starting with many eggs and some cheese before giving up) for various reasons… I did make a 6-egg scrambled eggs but I got bored of it halfway (but it was an early hunger so I didn’t need much food anyway)… I rarely can eat more than 2-3 eggs in the same form (maybe pancake, that’s special).
No problem, I will try again tomorrow.

(Diana) #23

It’s super velvety. I hope it turns out for you!!!

Yip- that sounds good.

Personally, I’d include some mushrooms.

I started my eggy experiments :slight_smile: Or eggsperiments. I got back my desire towards scrambled eggs, yay.
Yesterday I was only borderline hungry but it’s hard for me to resist the family lunch… I had 8 eggs, little pork and too much dairy… It seems eggs satiate me nicely just like I thought and experienced. My daily calorie intake is a bit high but I blame the carbs as I should.
I need better experiments, more eggs and less dairy. And then less eggs and more meat.

(Bob M) #26

Sorry, I did not have time to make this weekend. Had my wife’s friends over, so many projects.

Did grind some of my own burgers, though, and they were great.

This is on my list for next weekend.