Dizziness after carb consumption?

food

(Sophie Wu) #1

So I was at maccas wanting to just get a diet sprite, which I have done many times before while on keto, but the server must have accidentally put normal sprite in. After drinking about 3 mouthfuls, I realised that it tasted different and I almost immediately felt extremely dizzy and sleepy. I’ve had similar reactions before when I had to make do with non-low carb breads around 5 years ago when I did keto… SO I KNOW THEY MESSED IT UP FOR ME (insert angry face). Anyhow, I was just wondering if this is a normal reaction while on keto? Or is this a reaction that’s exclusive to people with similar genetics like me? Does anyone else here experience said symptoms?

The sprite was not wasted as my partner gladly took it :’)

When you severely restrict carbs for a while, your body will overreact to them when you take in a bunch, It’s normal. No different than a kid that eats sugar, bounces off the walls for a while then passes out.

I say that always but true, it’s individual… Many of us don’t have anything like that but many people are more sensitive. And we are sensitive in different ways.

I am never dizzy but definitely can feel something is off. The type of carb matters a lot. Normal sprite is about the worst for me: sugar and not from some natural source. Even if I eat some sweet fruit, I need to eat some fatty protein right afterwards or else some baby sugar poisoning may happen. But it’s worse with some processed thing, the lower-quality the worst. I don’t buy such things but sometimes I accepted something bad at a relative…
The worst items can mess me up ridiculously easily (I had that on high-carb too with bad wine. I don’t drink bad stuff so I just tasted it. I don’t remember the next hours and yes, it wasn’t the only booze I drank but it was 3dl quality wine before, not something that I particularly feel…). So I suppose we all have our sensitive points.

(Edith) #5

I wonder if your body over reacted to the sugar and secreted a little too much insulin which caused your blood sugar to drop.

How long have you been keto?

(Sophie Wu) #6

It’s been almost 2 months now, and I think yeah that must’ve been what had happened.