Dislike the reply function

(Jane Reed) #1

I’m referring to the reply to an individual, within a topic. The image of the arrow pointing to the person’s icon is not helpful. The icon is tiny, hard to see, and for me, the icon does not identify the person. The poster’s name is what I go by.

As little as I liked FB, the method of placing replies under each comment made it clear to whom a remark was addressed.

(Roxanne) #2

I do wish there was an option to view posts as threads, but if there is, I didn’t see it under settings.

(Larry Lustig) #3

If you are using the desktop version, I think you will find that replies are simultaneously threaded and unthreaded. That is, a reply to an individual comment appears twice on the topic page – once in chronological order and a second time immediately under the comment it replies to (this second, threaded, copy is collapsed by default).

The unthreaded view is critical in allowing me to always jump to the first unread method under the topic which is the biggest time saver I find on the forums over Facebook. Once there, I have several tools to use to see the original context (you can always expand the replied-to comment at the top of the reply, for instance).

(eat more) #4

i just noticed there’s a greyed out “x replies” with an arrow that if you click it you can see the replies in line
hope this helps

(Jane Reed) #5

Thanks. I did not know about that function.

(Roxanne) #6

Thanks Larry, I can see how the unthreaded method can save time. I did notice the comments appeared twice, but found that confusing at first. I think I just need to spend more time on the forum to get used to it!