Dirty Keto

Terms and what ‘the plan entails as a guideline’ can become muddy for sure.

To me personally, doesn’t Keto Plan mean one STAYS in active ketosis and that is the goal? All about the ketosis?

Dirty to me means you eat off just enough to take you out of active good ketosis numbers, which is what this plan is all about right?

I am not a keto guru in any means LOL but that is my thought on it.

For other plans, like general low carb there is no guidelines except those you make that work for your body. One can eat 3 donuts for a meal and go meat only on the next and that is an ‘acceptable’ level of carbs in the day for that person and they ‘might thrive’ on that. So general lc is WHAT works for you at all times on your own critical carb limit effects.

Like Carnivore. Dirty is you EAT plants with your meals. A ribeye steak with ‘plant sides’ as in a 1/2 cup of green beans. People all the time pretend they are carnivore eating this but they ain’t LOL Cause plan guidelines say NO plants in your meals. Yes one can add a shake of plant seasoning on a steak for taste, but it is not an eaten food on your plate in your meal, so some condiments like a bit of flavor is not ‘dirty’. Dirty is ‘eating’ plants.

Alot of crazy in how ‘dirty comes’ into play in truth but in the bitter end of it all…what truly works for one individual who gets ALL the changes, hits goals, work their food into their daily lifestyle as they see fit and it TRULY works for ALL goals and is long term sustainable, heck ya win :slight_smile: dirty or not from a plan name and its guidelines.

There are so many millions thriving on Dirty plans out there and more power to them!

just thoughts on it :wink:

(Scott) #22

Craft beer is my dirt in dirty.

(Bob M) #23

Beer is one thing I stay far, far away from. I’ve had one beer in 5+ years. The reason? I could easily drink a 6 pack of good beer, with no issues. In fact, this is how I gained 90+ pounds (though pizza after the beer, then ice cream after the pizza, helped too).

But if you can have a beer or two every so often, more power to you.

Actually makes sense if you think about it. I remember it started (at least was more common) to hear “lazy keto”, but that seemed to go away. But in the lifting world (or health in general) eating “clean” is a thing, so “dirty” kinda makes sense. Especially if you see what some people are actually doing. Literally just got into a back in forth with a genius (Reddit, big surprise) about him not grasping what “nutritious” foods are. His diet is mostly Keto cookies, Ice creams, brownies, cakes, and the list goes on and on and he thinks there’s zero difference between that and nutrient dense foods. My stance is Keto junk foods are still junk foods, nothing more. Never said you can’t eat them or that they weren’t delicious, but this nutritional masterminds diet was ALL junk food, he saw no negative to that.

You know what they say about common sense…

(Bob M) #25

Often, those aren’t issues because of what happens to people.

When I first started out (a long time ago now), I ate a small “chocolate” bar from the Atkins corporation. I liked it so much, ate a few more. I realized sometime not too much later that maltitol and I don’t get along at all.

That taught me that “fake” might not be good.

I also found that oftentimes, I can eat more of these. That is, they can make me eat more than I normally would. And that’s even if they don’t cause issues.

I try to avoid them except as infrequent treats. My main food is meat. Everything else is a far second to that.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #26

@lfod14 I see your point. I was addressing the phrase ‘dirty keto’ as ‘near keto’. That’s why I mentioned it’s an either or sort of thing - close doesn’t count. I agree totally about eating keto junk food - nominally and/or technically sub-20 grams of carbs per serving - and devoid of nutrition.

(Chris) #27

Hmmmm…… and here I thought that “Dirty Keto” was only having Dirty Martinis and bacon :cocktail::bacon:

(Allie) #28

Evil stuff.
Won’t let even the tiniest amount in my body.

To me, both are odd a bit. But some “dirty keto” definitions has “clean” just not keto-friendly items, I think…?

My keto sweets and biscuits are very nutritious… We don’t have keto things in the stores, I can imagine those being worse. I still don’t find it a good idea to live on mostly keto treats (50% sounds fine, I did that on my original keto and my other half was way worse than now as it had vegetables and no meat) but the items may be nutritious.

I don’t understand the “junk food” thing either (I never use that term) as people call various stuff like that, even things I consider great. But maybe they think about some other kind than what I talk about. My treats are homemade and good, not junk at all. But I know many people are against all sweets, I’ve read about whole30 or what and it had some super crazy ideas too… Just because we call it “pancake” or “ice cream”, a great food doesn’t turn bad!

I think sweets and treats often has this effect. Partially because they often have not so satiating items (it’s individual, of course). I use my sweets to boost my calories when I have problems eating enough for a meal or I get bored with my normal food. I can’t just eat much meat all the time.
My homemade desserts are satiating but not as much as my top satiating food. And anyway, I can eat much after reaching some simple satiation and it’s useful sometimes. Eating big enough meals is very important for me if I want to avoid overeating and various problems. It usually happens quite easily, using only my proper food but it’s good to have options for other cases.

And yep, maltitol is evil. My body is quite resilient but maltitol could mess it up (just a bit but it felt so unusual… hated it) and I didn’t even eat much of it!
I don’t feel maltitol particularly sweet anyway. It’s just bad.

Junk food ALWAYS tastes good! Cookies, Cakes, Pies, Brownies etc. That’s junk food.

Nope… Tastes differ, some people even hate sweets. Well, definitely not me. But some remotely good pork always tastes better than almost any “junk” food. And high quality pork tastes the best for me, period (probably some other, exotic-for-me meats as well). Then the best fruits… And then things get complicated.
I hate most junk food as they taste sugar and flour, ew. I always hated donuts even when I half-lived on sweets… :slight_smile: And almost all low-fat sweets were inedible and made no sense to me. Fat is tasty (well some fats aren’t), sugar isn’t, it’s just sweet and if it’s too much, it makes the stuff taste bad.
Taste is very individual. With candies and cakes alike (for example, I hate pastries with soft pig fat - not rendered fat, fat tissue just the soft type - and they are quite popular here).

My own cakes are good and nutritious but I don’t like them since I overdid them on keto (sweets were my only way to keeping my carbs low and to eat all the eggs I had to). And now I have meat, LOADS better.

I only like yolk based ice cream but never was a huge fan of the normal ones anyway. It was nice a few times per year if I chose them well but nothing special. Too watery and sugary, I need fat in my sweets. So I ate chocolate and cakes. Some cakes are even way too fatty for me and that is an odd thought considering how I love fat.

Homemade traditional cakes are never junk to me :slight_smile: Less than ideal items, maybe and surely not for eaten galore and for some, never at all (I don’t plan to eat them myself) but nope, I couldn’t talk so bad about precious nostalgic treats… We just should know how bad or good they are and consume them accordingly or not at all.
But the good cakes are different, they aren’t necessarily a bad idea for someone all the time (not as only food, sure but for nearly every meal). It may be the best they can do and they may thrive on it for many decades. Even if it would be a horrible idea for us.

same that stuff is the devil for sure and am truly surprised this crap is not banned yet from some authority. this stuff is nasty and if billions can’t eat it? ugh, duh LOL