Different Protocols forum locataion

(Simon Saunders) #1

Since we are going to be attracting different groups, low carb, paleo, keto, ketogains and one keto protocol i created, i would like to know if a protocol section can be created so different groups can share as we are all coming from a places different and no one shoe size fits all.

I am not sure if if should be created into the resources section or somewhere else?

(G. Andrew Duthie) #2

Not sure why the forum needs to have areas for low-carb or paleo. That’s not what the site was created for. Certainly if folks who currently follow those protocols want to learn more about keto, this is (IMO) a good place to do it. But if they want info on low-carb, paleo, or probably even ketogains, there are likely better places for them to go than here.

I won’t attempt to speak for @richard and @carl, but my impression is that they don’t intend for the forums to be everything to everyone.

(Simon Saunders) #3

Sorry @devhammer i was speaking in relation to the latest podcast called “Getting off Facebook” to give context I will quote the podcast at 45:27sec “We also want to invite, all of the disparate, ketogenic and fasting, and low carb and Paleo, right, and all of these groups who generally follow a low carbohydrate approach are all trying to fix the same problem, and that is the amount of carbohydrate we have in the modern diet, and the diseases of metabolism that’s its causing, that’s right you can almost think of it as a metabolism forum, right, because that’s really what we are talking about, wherever you are Keto Gains and your lifting, you wanna build up muscle, or wherever you are Paleo and you still wanna eat your dates and sweet potatoes and all of that stuff, this ketogenic fourms is for EVERYBODY, right, and that’s what we are trying to do. we are trying to scale this up as a big knowledge base, so we want you to participate”

(jim schafer) #4

seems ketois is by it’s very nature is low carb and there aren’t that many ways to go low carb is there ? i think each user will find the threads that appeal to them. For some ketosis will happen at less than 20 grams of carbs a day and others will be able to go up to 50 grams or more and still be a “fat burner” so yeah each person is different but we are headed for the same goal to be: ketogenic. So it’s a matter of degree not difference…(right?). if there is enough interest: a topic or category will appear…i would think.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #5

OK, missed the context.

Still not sure that separate areas (categories) are needed, at least not yet.

The admins do discuss new categories regularly, rest assured. The goal is to find the right balance between making things easy to find through categorization, and avoiding overwhelming folks with too many categories.

The suggestion is appreciated, for sure. :slight_smile:

(G. Andrew Duthie) #6

Hope you don’t mind, but I’m going to move this to Site Feedback, which is a better place for discussions related to the forums and overall site.

One way to do this would be to use tags on the post instead of segregating into categories. Tags are searchable in the advanced search options. The problem then would be assigning tags to everything if the original poster did not.

And yes, we are still trying to find the right balance between complicated and useful. 'Tis a work in progress for sure.